PDA

View Full Version : Streaming to pc vlc player - jerky

danped
13-08-11, 23:48
Hi,

I've installed VLC 1.1.4 and have got this working but the picture is blocky. I've tried the suggestion of increasing the cache to a bigger sie to ensure smooth playback, however this doesn't work because it still happens and the feed is no more than 1/2 second behind the tv feed if I put that on at the same time.

I changed the setting under Tools->preferences selected the all rasio button, then went to Input / Codecs -> Access modules -> File -> "Caching value" and "Extra network caching value" and set these both to 10,000 but it made no difference to the delay on the stream.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please? I'd really like to use this feature.

Thanks

irishchris
14-08-11, 00:50
If you are simply streaming from box to pc then use latest Windows media player. HD is jerky and blocky with vlc sometime although fine with SD but wmp will do both fine.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

danped
14-08-11, 21:20
Thanks - I just tried this and upgraded to the latest media player, but I get an error which says WMP encoutered a problem while playing the file. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Alec
14-08-11, 23:55
Using this feature on wireless, I have problems if I move the Laptop to another room, and the Mbps falls below 30.

danped
15-08-11, 20:08
I have a problem in the same room with a wired connection. Ideally I'd just like to be able to use the buffer on vlc. WMP would be fine but I can't even get a picture using that.

Any ideas anyone???
:confused: