PDA

View Full Version : [ET5x00] Cannot install picons

Prioryman
13-08-11, 14:50
Guy's I setup a friends ET500 with the VIX image and it works s treat, however when I go to plugins and try and download UK picons set it won't do it. Keeps going back to the picons list. If I download any other plugin no problem at all.

Any one got any ideas ??

Thanks Prioryman

Larry-G
13-08-11, 14:57
try manually downloading them rather than from the feeds.

Prioryman
13-08-11, 14:59
try manually downloading them rather than from the feeds.

Pheonix, I would but have posted the box to my friend and he would not know were to start.

I will try and FTP to his box if I can get him on line!!!

punisher
13-08-11, 16:50
yeh best thing is to ftp into the box and transfer the picons that way, thats what i do to my mates box and that. you might need to get them to forward the ftp port into their router if you cant get access

EDIT: moved out of download section

andyblac
13-08-11, 17:29
i'll take a look

Prioryman
13-08-11, 17:33
i'll take a look

Thank you Sir, cannot thank you enough for the work you do.

Prioryman

Stanman
13-08-11, 21:28
Don't bother with FTP and port forwarding, just download teamviewer and you can deal with the box as if it was on your own network.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

silverfox0786
13-08-11, 21:30
Don't bother with FTP and port forwarding, just download teamviewer and you can deal with the box as if it was on your own network.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

port forward is better mate as long as its turnt off after use for sequirity

i find that its easier to do things remotly and you dont need the other pc on just the box and router on

plus team view VNC remote desktop which ever it may be is reall slow and annoying

Prioryman
13-08-11, 21:41
Thanks guys - I will be calling him tomorrow as see what we can do. I will come back here and report back.

Kindest regards to all Prioryman