PDA

View Full Version : multiple feeds from single non-motorised dish

hex_inc
12-08-11, 16:07
in my current set-up, i have a single fixed dish with a quad lnb providing feeds to a sky+ box and my vu+ duo. this is obviously set to 28e but i would also like to receive a feed from 13e.

it is not possible to have a motorised dish due to the fact that the sky+ box is often in use at the same time as the vu+ and changing to 13e would mean the sky box would not be viewable.

is there a way that i can add another lnb to my dish to allow me to receive this feed? my idea is to have the feeds from both lnbs connected to a diseqc switch, which can be controlled from the vu+ box. the feed to the sky+ box would be unaffected.

is it possible and what equipment do i need to connect the second lnb? also, is it possible to have multiple bouquets installed without them clashing? i am already using silverfox's sky hd settings.

cheers

a

Stanman
12-08-11, 19:19
Yes may be possible depending on the size of your dish. The sponsor does multi connect to enable multi sat configurations.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/LNB/Inverto-Multiconnect-Systems

silverfox0786
13-08-11, 04:40
you could try multi connect system like i have got

i get instant switching and simultanious viewing on 13 19.2 23.5 and 28.2

hex_inc
13-08-11, 13:12
cheers for the info guys. is the kit easy to install?

also, @silverfox, have you got a bouquet that covers all those satellites or is it easy to just merge bouquets into one?

Larry-G
13-08-11, 13:19
there are loads of bouquet combinations covering every thing from 45 east to 45 west and a lot more in the bouquet section. and if there is not one that covers the specifics you want it is relatively easy to make one from several other packs.

silverfox0786
13-08-11, 16:36
cheers for the info guys. is the kit easy to install?

also, @silverfox, have you got a bouquet that covers all those satellites or is it easy to just merge bouquets into one?

its not finished yet but yes i do have a bouquet

being so large about 4000 channels i have not finished it yet

23.5 and 19.2 done just doing 13