PDA

View Full Version : et9000 remote not working!

irishchris
11-08-11, 17:10
hi guys

got an et9000 through a deal here on this forum. but noticed although remote seeemed to work earlier. i have now updated bootloader and gone to vix 2.3 but now rempote does not work. it is totally unresponsive. anyone notice this with theirs or any fix???

Sicilian
11-08-11, 17:13
Have you tried changing the batteries with some fresh brand new ones, not used batteries from another remote.

irishchris
11-08-11, 17:14
yep done that and even tried the fix of holding stb button and 0 for 5 seconds to reset but neither have worked! I am out of ideas here :confused:

Sicilian
11-08-11, 17:17
Lets re-track, so worked when you got it. You flashed bootloader and ViX 2.3 and now its stopped working? Are you 100% sure you used brand new un-used batteries?

irishchris
11-08-11, 17:22
hi mate
yes they were new pack i had. will persist at it here for while and try reflashing etc and report back

silverfox0786
11-08-11, 18:09
my et 9000 is on 2.3 and all features work fine

one thing i have noticed is batteries seem to die very quick but apart from that

the first feature of 2.3 i noticed and mentioed it to andy was the remote being far better with responce times

irishchris
11-08-11, 18:10
well reflash of image and hey presto remote working again. have to say this is a seriously good piece of kit. essentially runs the same as the vu+ duo but faster and flawless.

silverfox0786
11-08-11, 18:11
well reflash of image and hey presto remote working again. have to say this is a seriously good piece of kit. essentially runs the same as the vu+ duo but faster and flawless.

nice one glad your sorted

Sicilian
11-08-11, 19:12
Glad ya sorted m8ty. ViX 2.3 with the new kernal really is superb :)

Mr. Mister
11-08-11, 19:51

Hi Chris.. Ye had me worried there for a min.. lol..

glad you got it sorted..

digi247
11-08-11, 22:31
Just as a side note here i had a very similar problem to the OP's the remote was very good when i first got the 9000 but after 2-3 weeks i noticed it became that little bit more unresponsive as though some of the buttons would work when they wanted, This was definitely not a battery problem as the machine was less than a month old.

My fix came when i decided to programme up my Logitech Harmony One, This cured the unresponsive original remote and i have not used anything else since.

irishchris
11-08-11, 22:47
well feel like a total newbie as there seems there was no need for a reflash even. the original batteries were well used and obviously low and when i changed them for the ones in my solo and it still was not working i thought it was something else. but i had not realised that the batteries in my solo were well drained too. so ebventually brand new batteries from my tv remote in the rc and it works a treat! :p

have to say what a great box this et9000 is. would well recommend one! and with latest vix it is a flyer! and of course abig thank you to mrmister for a hassle free trade - top man! :thumbsup:

Mr. Mister
11-08-11, 23:22
a big thank you to mrmister for a hassle free trade - top man! :thumbsup:

Right back at ye buddy.. Thanks for making it such an easy transaction..

Larry-G
11-08-11, 23:24
dont forget to leave each other feedback lads.

basilyoung
11-08-11, 23:33
you are well thought of Mr MISTER, never any doubt from the team

baz

Larry-G
11-08-11, 23:36

baz

totally agree with that baz, MR.mister is a very well respected member of this and other sites i frequent, and i would never hesitate to trade with him if the opportunity ever arose.

Mr. Mister
12-08-11, 00:20
totally agree with that baz, MR.mister is a very well respected member of this and other sites i frequent, and i would never hesitate to trade with him if the opportunity ever arose.

baz

Stop it guys.. Ye all making me blush.. lmao

The Bishop
12-08-11, 08:41
...... i have now updated bootloader and gone to vix 2.3.

Where on the forum is this vix 2.3 you are referring to, I cannot seem to find it, the latest I can find is 2.2.1?

The Bishop

Larry-G
12-08-11, 09:04
Where on the forum is this vix 2.3 you are referring to, I cannot seem to find it, the latest I can find is 2.2.1?

The Bishop

it's not on the forum as its not yet released. chris is a VIX beta tester hence why he is running VIX 2.3 as all the beta team are.

Sicilian
12-08-11, 09:29
Just as a side note here i had a very similar problem to the OP's the remote was very good when i first got the 9000 but after 2-3 weeks i noticed it became that little bit more unresponsive as though some of the buttons would work when they wanted, This was definitely not a battery problem as the machine was less than a month old.

My fix came when i decided to programme up my Logitech Harmony One, This cured the unresponsive original remote and i have not used anything else since.

Make sure you use quality batteries like Duracell, never use old part use batteries ;) :trustme:

The Bishop
12-08-11, 12:09
it's not on the forum as its not yet released. chris is a VIX beta tester hence why he is running VIX 2.3 as all the beta team are.

Here we go again, another gleefest of users referring to beta images that are not available to the general customer base. We had this last time with the ViX 2.2 where there was negative feedback about continuous referral to images used by the beta testers clique that were not available for public consumption. If you wish to have a gleefest can you please confine the referrals to a beta testers forum that is out of view from the general public so as to avoid a repeat of the previous ViX 2.2 "when is it comimg..." saga.

The Bishop

Sicilian
12-08-11, 12:14
Here we go again, another gleefest of users referring to beta images that are not available to the general customer base. We had this last time with the ViX 2.2 where there was negative feedback about continuous referral to images used by the beta testers clique that were not available for public consumption. If you wish to have a gleefest can you please confine the referrals to a beta testers forum that is out of view from the general public so as to avoid a repeat of the previous ViX 2.2 "when is it comimg..." saga.

The Bishop

I tell you what then, let's release it and have a shit load of complaints about this not working, that not working etc..... You cant expect teams to release images until they're fully tested, most users have receivers to use daily as the main receiver, so want a stable image!

If you want to use the latest kernal and drivers go install Openpli 2.1 and put up with it as it is or setup it up to your liking yourself.

Theres a lot of talk on various forums about new features coming to the ET9000, so what do you want everyone to do? Not talk about whats coming??

Sicilian
12-08-11, 12:22
To add to this, myself and the Beta testers try to test all the ViX features to make sure they're all working. Andy has been working tirelessy to fix bugs in 2.3 due to the move to the new linux kernal. Many things had to fixed to accomodate the new file system being used.

Been getting home late to test things so that we can get 2.3 released asap, then get told we're creating a gleefest for talking about it! :rolleyes: :mad:

The Bishop
12-08-11, 13:12
Oooh dear, the little clique of gleefesters are sensitive about adverse comments.

Do you not realise that you get normal users pi55ed off with your little club constantly refering to images that are unavailable. If you want to test it then confine it to a gleefest beta forum.

The Bishop

Larry-G
12-08-11, 13:35
Oooh dear, the little clique of gleefesters are sensitive about adverse comments.

Do you not realise that you get normal users pi55ed off with your little club constantly refering to images that are unavailable. If you want to test it then confine it to a gleefest beta forum.

The Bishop

I really should not type this being a moderator and no doubt SIC will tear me a new one when he reads my reply. But if it pisses you off so much piss off to some other forum and leave VIX to those who actually appreciate the work we do.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

The Bishop
12-08-11, 14:20
I really should not type this being a moderator and no doubt SIC will tear me a new one when he reads my reply. But if it pisses you off so much piss off to some other forum and leave VIX to those who actually appreciate the work we do.

Oh dear, "appreciate the work you do", tell me, are you doing this work totally free of charge without a single iota of benefit or gain? Are you honestly telling me that you do not benefit occasionally from free receivers for testing, either on loan or permanent?

As soon as anyone from outside of the gleefesters clique passes any adverse comment you are telling them to piss off from the forum, some reply that was, and it shows how much you are needled by the slightest bit of criticism.

The Bishop

Larry-G
12-08-11, 14:57
Oh dear, "appreciate the work you do", tell me, are you doing this work totally free of charge without a single iota of benefit or gain? Are you honestly telling me that you do not benefit occasionally from free receivers for testing, either on loan or permanent?

As soon as anyone from outside of the gleefesters clique passes any adverse comment you are telling them to piss off from the forum, some reply that was, and it shows how much you are needled by the slightest bit of criticism.

The Bishop

I work over 100 hrs a week and the very little time I do get I spend testing the receiver I have, I don't even get time to watch my tv. As for VIX 2.3 its still very early in the beta stage and as such not suitable for general release. And my comment to you was a direct response to your ridiculose comments. Now your choice is simple use VIX or don't use it. Either way I don't care.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

mikehunt43
12-08-11, 15:09
come on bishop most of us dont mind them talking about whats coming up and give them some respect for what they do.or make a new version yourself if you cant wait.ps on a lighter note i take what happens with tht 9000 will happen with the 5000 as well?? cheers for your work guys

andyblac
12-08-11, 15:39
come on bishop most of us dont mind them talking about whats coming up and give them some respect for what they do.or make a new version yourself if you cant wait.ps on a lighter note i take what happens with tht 9000 will happen with the 5000 as well?? cheers for your work guys

yes mate, usually all images get the same benefits, it the way the images are create what one gets the all usually get, but as Vu do not have drivers for kernel 2.6.31 yet there are still on the old 2.6.18 kernel that is the only difference between ET and Vu atm.

so to answer you question YES the et5000 will get the new kernel.

but just to rub salt into The Bishops wounds 2.6.31:

1) Boots quicker.
2) has load of updated background apps (under the hood stuff)
3) just for you MAC guys like me, i have added AFP support to it, so now you can turn off Samba if you want to.

The Bishop
12-08-11, 15:51

I have never stated that I do not respect the work that they do. What I do not like is a repetition of the previous saga with reference to a privately available image from a clique who think they are doing us all a favour.

Anyway, for me, this specific discussion has run its course, I have voiced my opinion and am moving on. I do not intend to reply anymore on the subject unless someone rattles my cage.

The Bishop

Sicilian
12-08-11, 16:55
I have never stated that I do not respect the work that they do. What I do not like is a repetition of the previous saga with reference to a privately available image from a clique who think they are doing us all a favour.

Anyway, for me, this specific discussion has run its course, I have voiced my opinion and am moving on. I do not intend to reply anymore on the subject unless someone rattles my cage.

The Bishop

No we don't think we're doing anyone a favour, we do this as a hobby like anyone else! If it wasn't for team's like us, who do you think will bring people like you good working Linux images?? Please inform me! We're NOT after praise or thankyou's or anything like that cos like I said its a hobby and we enjoy doing this, but at least show us some respect!

The main benefiters are the manufacturer's, not us, not Andyblac and the team who spend countless hours debugging, coding, testing!! You can go and use Openpli which is all dreambox branded or with basic factory firmware. Team's like ViX do not get paid, yes we might get the odd sample receiver, but believe me when I say this, WE ONLY GET A FEW, NOT EVEN ENOUGH THAT EACH VIX DEV/BETA TESTER GET'S A RECEIVER!!! How many receiver's do you actually think we get donated??? :mad: VU+ Uno's for instance we actually got two production sample's and one fooking pre-production model!! Never mind about your cage getting rattled, you've rattled mine!

silverfox0786
13-08-11, 02:36
VU+ Uno's for instance we actually got two production sample's and one fooking pre-production model!! Never mind about your cage getting rattled, you've rattled mine!

just to add a note on this i got that and i quote "fooking pre production model"
andy and pheonix got the 2 release models

and i actually think it was for me better as i can test the fook out of it so u dont get any problems

mine has a rare HDMI out error where i dont get HDMI so i use it via a scart lead and it looks pants but beleive me your receivers wont have that issue as i have reported it to the vuplus dev teams and they have fixed it for the new batch

now if i didnt get that pre box how was i able to tell vu plus of the error and then you would be crying saying my HDMI dont work

so please i dont really care what boxes any one owns and what image they use all i care about is that mine is good and that the peaople that and i quote pheonix "apreciate our work" are happy if they decide to use it aswelll

the satisfaction that we as a team get is that the end user out there is happy with their purchace of receiver and happy with the image they use on it be it VIX which is a good for us or be it PLi or Blackhole or VTI or be it official image

we make these images for us and it gives us happiness to share it with every one else and we are happy to bug fix what people report to us as it doent just benifit them it benifits us too

SAMREND
19-08-11, 07:15
my remote not working too. i have new batteries but remote not working properly. please help me.

Sicilian
19-08-11, 09:53
my remote not working too. i have new batteries but remote not working properly. please help me.

Make sure you used brand new high quality batteries and you will be fine.