PDA

View Full Version : What is VIX for the Vu+ Uno based on?

Huevos
11-08-11, 15:36
If VIX is based on Open PLI and OpenPLI doesn't do an image for the Vu+ Uno, what is VIX for the Uno based on.

Also, will blind scan be available in the next version of VIX for the Uno?

Sicilian
11-08-11, 15:39
Based on OpenPLi and not sure when Blindscan will be in ViX image, we're waiting for VU+ to give us more info for it.

Huevos
11-08-11, 16:01
Based on OpenPLi and not sure when Blindscan will be in ViX image, we're waiting for VU+ to give us more info for it.OpenPLI for which receiver... because OpenPLI don't do an image for the Uno... or am I missing something?

Sicilian
11-08-11, 16:12
They use the same operating system, just built/compiled to suit the receiver.

Huevos
11-08-11, 20:04
They use the same operating system, just built/compiled to suit the receiver.Ok, but OpenPLI say they don't support any Vu+s after the Duo because the Vu+ drivers aren't fully compatible with E2 and need workarounds to be written into the image, or something like that.

Anyway it's a shame there is no decent image with the blind scan functions yet. I would have gone for one of the ET's but the lack of fan and the battery issue has put me off, and now this lack of blind scan support for the Uno is putting me that (at least temporarily).

Larry-G
11-08-11, 20:06
well thats pli's decision. and just because they choose not to support a certain box does not mean we wont.

i my self have a Uno running VIX and it runs like its on rails.

Donnie
11-08-11, 20:30
I am sure you will see it very soon but don't be put off the Uno, I am using Black Hole image with blind scan enabled.
I am sure VIX/pli will have it implemented as and when it is viable.

Huevos
11-08-11, 20:41
i my self have a Uno running VIX and it runs like its on rails.Sounds good, I'm using VIX on the Duo, it's just a shame there's no blind scan (yet) even though the hardware supports it.

Larry-G
11-08-11, 20:43
Sounds good, I'm using VIX on the Duo, it's just a shame there's no blind scan (yet) even though the hardware supports it.

dont worry it will get there.

andyblac
12-08-11, 15:59
just remember ViX only "based" on PLi, but i have recoded quite a lot of stuff into it, it is should say "Loosely Based", and if we had the hardware to test i could do images for DreamBox too :), i just can't afford to buy one for a test rig.

as for Blindscan i am waiting for information from Vu on what is needed to enabled Blindscan but as yet i have had no replies.

maybe you could email Vu+ your selfs asking them to send me the required info. might speed things up. alex has my email address ;)

silverfox0786
13-08-11, 04:45
guys i have found when only 1 request is made Alex Kim is very slow to respond but if we all band together and email him for the same thing he will see that is a well wanted extension and will reply faster

Stanman
13-08-11, 21:56
You got an email addy for him that we can bamboozle:D

silverfox0786
13-08-11, 22:04
You got an email addy for him that we can bamboozle:D

Alex@vuplus.com

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
18-08-11, 09:05
We are a couple of days later now, and Andy has had all the info needed, and got UNO's blindscan to work. So in the next release.......