PDA

View Full Version : VU+ DUO locking up - Crash Log

Ch4ni
11-08-11, 13:32
Hi I have vu+ Duo with 2.1 image, it locks up every few days with the VIX symbol spinning, the only way to get out of this state is to switch the unit off and on again. When the unit locks up it generates a crash log I have included this here. Please advise why the unit is locking up like this.

punisher
11-08-11, 13:53
lookin at the log it seems your cooltv guide plugin is causing the lock up and crash ... not sure why though

Sicilian
11-08-11, 15:17
I'd recommend to re-flash fresh. Dont install Cooltv guide, theres no need for it with ViX EPG Guide and ViX EPG Guide is faster.

Dont install any plugins apart from whatever softcam you use.

andyblac
11-08-11, 15:31
you are trying to use the plugin CoolTVGuide by Coolman, this plugin is NOT fully compatible with ViX it works 90% but there are some stuff in it that is not compatible the the ViX images, and as the plugin is closed source i can't fix it.

Either ask the developer to make the plugin open source or ask him to fix it for ViX.

or you can just remove the CoolTVGuide plugin and just use the ViX EPG.

Andy.

Ch4ni
17-08-11, 11:58
you are trying to use the plugin CoolTVGuide by Coolman, this plugin is NOT fully compatible with ViX it works 90% but there are some stuff in it that is not compatible the the ViX images, and as the plugin is closed source i can't fix it.

Either ask the developer to make the plugin open source or ask him to fix it for ViX.

or you can just remove the CoolTVGuide plugin and just use the ViX EPG.

Andy.

Hi Andy, I installed CoolTVGuide but never used it always used the ViX EPG, I have now removed the CoolTVGuide. I have problem with the unit in that every few days it locks ups with the VIX symbol spinning and the only way to get out of this mode is to switch the unit off and on again. I have tried a number of images from v.1.4 all the way up to 2.2 and I still have this problem. I have USB drive where picons are located and have swap enabled with 32mB, use the opentv as EPG source.

Any advise what could be causing this?

Sicilian
17-08-11, 12:19
I'd advise re-flashing the unit, cooltv might have left something behind, only install a softcam and upto date settings/bouquets. Then enable the system logs and post a log the next time it locks up.

bazeze
17-08-11, 20:47
Am having the same problem. Any help will be appreciated thanks.

punisher
17-08-11, 21:10
bazeze what channe list you using? Also id recommend doing a reflash of vix and doing a full online updte first and then load a new set of ur channel list. Also make sure ur devices are mounted correctly

bazeze
17-08-11, 21:59
bazeze what channe list you using? Also id recommend doing a reflash of vix and doing a full online updte first and then load a new set of ur channel list. Also make sure ur devices are mounted correctly

Am using catseye, did a reflash yesterday but put back the same setting.My hard drive is munted correctly but for some reason sometime the hdd comes up as R/O rather than R/W

andyblac
18-08-11, 09:18
Am having the same problem. Any help will be appreciated thanks.

IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device: '/usr/share/enigma2/ViX_HD/skin.xml.tmp'

your flash is full, that is the cause

bazeze
18-08-11, 12:32
IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device: '/usr/share/enigma2/ViX_HD/skin.xml.tmp'

your flash is full, that is the cause

@Andyblac: What is the solution, reflash?or is there another way out. Thanks

andyblac
19-08-11, 14:13
@Andyblac: What is the solution, reflash?or is there another way out. Thanks

yes i would re-flash, something has gone wrong somewhere to fill it up.

bazeze
19-08-11, 17:22
Now reflash but still after restart the box. Hdd comes up as read only and can't record.I unmount the hard drive and then remount. when i restart same thing.

Sicilian
19-08-11, 17:26
Now reflash but still after restart the box. Hdd comes up as read only and can't record.I unmount the hard drive and then remount. when i restart same thing.

Remove your HDD, connect to PC and delete all partitions, then re-connect to receiver and re-initilize. You will loose all your data though.

bazeze
19-08-11, 19:48
Remove your HDD, connect to PC and delete all partitions, then re-connect to receiver and re-initilize. You will loose all your data though.

I have no partition, Is there another way? i have so much on my hdd don't want to loose my collection.Unless there is no way out.