PDA

View Full Version : Random Freezes [Only Pull Power Cures]

MKD
08-08-11, 13:42
Ok had this problem from day one from buying from sponsors, its intermitent but does happen every day (starting to get on my tits now) unit has same problem with any image installed so i cant see it being software problem , even froze with fresh ViX + only channel list installed . Anyone got this problem or do i have a hardware problem, no crash log is produced (hence thinking hardware).

Mark

punisher
08-08-11, 13:46
Ive never had that problem. Had one for a couple weeks now and never had to swirch it or reboot or any freeze or crashes. Ive only used one image. Not sure wat to tell ya about it as i have no idea wat it could be. Speak to sponsor see if he can help ya out with it

Sicilian
08-08-11, 13:47
So you saying ViX image froze with just a channel list installed? Straight after the flash? Was the tuner set correctly? What channel list are you using?

world-of-satellite.co.uk
08-08-11, 15:41
If you would like your ET5000 tested and inspected please do not hesitate to contact us.

MKD
08-08-11, 18:16
not right after flash , i mean its been going now without a freeze for a while i should really use the term locked up as thats what it seems , like windowz locks up lol pull power to reboot only works . as for channel i tested with FTA and NDS3 channel and the times vary from lockup on both . i must admit thou the area around the tuner does get very hot (hotter than my old clone Dreambox) does anyone elses get very hot ? i mean for a quality box like xtrend/clarke tech tuner shouldnt be this hot should it my old vu+ duo never got hot around the tuner area.

Sicilian
08-08-11, 18:27
not right after flash , i mean its been going now without a freeze for a while i should really use the term locked up as thats what it seems , like windowz locks up lol pull power to reboot only works . as for channel i tested with FTA and NDS3 channel and the times vary from lockup on both . i must admit thou the area around the tuner does get very hot (hotter than my old clone Dreambox) does anyone elses get very hot ? i mean for a quality box like xtrend/clarke tech tuner shouldnt be this hot should it my old vu+ duo never got hot around the tuner area.

They get warm, most HD receivers do, would not worry about it. I've tested HD receivers that you cant leave your hand on.

Try a re-flash using Cateyes list. No cams or anything. Enable logs so we can maybe trace what's happening. Just watch FTA channels to check.

punisher
08-08-11, 18:44
mine got hot when i had it on top of anothedr reciever like a yoyo lol but now its on a glass stand it is pretty cool, id say same as my solo

Stanman
08-08-11, 19:01
I have both the ET5K and 9K and both are warm, nothing to worry about , just make sure its well ventilated. Heat is not an issue for the 5k as the PSU is external so one less source of heat.

silverfox0786
08-08-11, 21:49
Just read this thread yes my sisters solo has this problem the box freezes and only a power cord pull and leavin to rest for half hour or so brings it back

I have spoken to sponsor and he has agreed to look at it but I'm waiting on sister to bring it over to send it to me to give to sponsor

As a test I have tried vix and it freezes an SIF image and it freezes so it could be box or the electrics in the house

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

souroull
26-09-11, 22:30
got one and it never locked up

only a green screen every blue moon but thats rather normal isuppose

silverfox0786
26-09-11, 22:34
got one and it never locked up

only a green screen every blue moon but thats rather normal isuppose

my problem was solved it was down to faulty electrics int the house

sorry i didnt post before