PDA

View Full Version : Second infobar problem ?

Maxwell
07-08-11, 14:14
No matter what skin I use I cannot get the second infobar to work on my Duo, I have just put the latest VIX image on but that has made no difference, it used to work with older images but not with any of the last 3 releases.

Anyone got second info bar working and with which skin ? or am I missing something ?

punisher
07-08-11, 19:11
I tried it on a few skins and it doesnt work. I think the plugin needs updating to work with this later version of vix

Rob van der Does
09-08-11, 17:20
I have the SiB working with no problem.
But:
1- The skin has to support the SIB (Magic-(E)HD does, and
2- in Menu --> Settings --> "Show event info on 2e OK" must be set to "No"

Rob van der Does
18-08-11, 08:51
Is it working now?

Maxwell
18-08-11, 09:25
Yes thanks it worked but I have other issues with that skin, I will have another play when I get time later today

Rob van der Does
18-08-11, 09:40
Yes thanks it worked but I have other issues with that skin....Please explain what issues.

Maxwell
18-08-11, 10:34
everything I bring up is like it is zoomed in - for example the info bar ends are off screen at both ends and the bottom is also off screen, another example is if i bring up the bouquets list the whole graphic is off screen for all 4 edges

Rob van der Does
18-08-11, 12:18
everything I bring up is like it is zoomed in - for example the info bar ends are off screen at both ends and the bottom is also off screen, another example is if i bring up the bouquets list the whole graphic is off screen for all 4 edgesAh, clear. You are using Magic-EHD, while your TV is set to use "overscan".
First of all, I recommend not using overscan. After all: what's the purpose of watching HD-TV as at the same time you order your TV to expand every pixel it gets delivered by your receiver by 1.055? Once you have disabled overscan, you will see that Magic-EHD neatly uses the whole available surface.
If you are interested at the amount of overscan: copy the attached pictures to your box and watch them

If for some reason you persist on using overscan, you can use Magic-HD; basically it's the same skin, but allowing for 5.5% overscan.

Maxwell
18-08-11, 13:24
No I don't use overscan at all anywhere in my system and all other skins are fine :confused:

Rob van der Does
18-08-11, 14:40
No I don't use overscan at all anywhere in my system and all other skins are fine :confused:Yes you do: this is proof of your TV being set to overscan:
everything I bring up is like it is zoomed in - for example the info bar ends are off screen at both ends and the bottom is also off screen, another example is if i bring up the bouquets list the whole graphic is off screen for all 4 edgesMost other skins are not completely full screen, thus allowing for overscan.

Did you check the pictures to see how much you loose?