PDA

View Full Version : vu+uno mediaplayer..... same story , once again.

alec76
07-08-11, 08:20
Will this Korean "developers" ever release decent video drivers for their STB ?
We all get used to VU+DUO divx\xvid issues ( out of sync, picture not smooth very often,, fps rate jumping up and down )
well , i thought it is might something to do with old bcm cpu.......Got Uno stb
HELL, NO :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Vu+Uno got the fastest Cpu on the market BROADCOM BCM 7413 , top of the range CPU, we all know. And very same divx/xvid issues ...( at the same time dm800 se , dm500hd with the BCM 7405 -- OLD cpu could play very same files flawlessly . Don't mind DM boxes , my old samsung tv could play it not a bother , ps3 and so on....)
I am just wondering , is it only me who care about this issue and everyone else happy enough with this ?

Sicilian
07-08-11, 08:35
Great first post! Not even an intro just comes on flames a receiver :rolleyes:

For the record divx/xvid playing fine here.

Larry-G
07-08-11, 08:35
divx and xvid are rubbish old formats, use mkv's they play flawlessly. saying that i have never once had any issues with the several hundred avi's i have stored on my nas which i play directly through my Uno.

alec76
07-08-11, 09:30
For the record divx/xvid playing fine here.
There is some difference between playing fine and flawlessly.I could see that clearly...

XviD ISO MPEG-4 media not playing well

alec76
07-08-11, 09:33
divx and xvid are rubbish old formats, use mkv's they play flawlessly.
I think you are confusing codecs and container's type here....

Larry-G
07-08-11, 09:47
I think you are confusing codecs and container's type here....

actually no i am not. my uno plays divx , xvid , mkv , avi all perfectly fine.

alec76
07-08-11, 10:02
mkv, avi-- containers
divx , xvid ,h.264 - codecs
xvid could be at mkv container just as well .
Never the less, i clearly could see Fps rate dropping to about 12-15 from time to time...

JosFop4Sat
07-08-11, 10:33
I am just wondering , is it only me who care about this issue and everyone else happy enough with this ?

No, you are not, sometimes divX and xvid files are played with stuttering here or it seems that frames are skipped.
Some divX4 files crashed after a while and stop/start resolved it.
For the recorded .ts files the mediaplayer is sufficient an I think most of the users play only these.

andyblac
12-08-11, 16:09
just remember guys, these are primarily STB's NOT media players, first and foremost it is the watch satellite TV, not for playing your illegally downloaded pirate movies or tv shows.

media codec's and file containers (other than MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264 and TS file container) are a bonus.

Andy.

JosFop4Sat
12-08-11, 19:56
You have a point but its odd to have an extra mediaplayer if you just have bought a state of the art HD receiver.:confused:
Anyway, most of the modern illegally downloaded pirate movies or tv shows (90%) could be played back with my UNO.
The rest I will play with my Samsung TV Mediaplayer. I use a Netgear Mediaplayer for Youtube, so eveything is covered.;)