PDA

View Full Version : Actor Atkinson 'in F1 car crash'

bassethound
05-08-11, 13:44
Rowan Atkinson is expected to be discharged from hospital after a road accident.

A spokesman for Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals said the actor was in a stable condition after being admitted last night.

It has not been confirmed when he will be ready to leave the hospital's care.

The Mr Bean star is believed to have suffered a shoulder injury after his high-performance car crashed on the A605 in Haddon, Cambridgeshire.

The 56-year-old Blackadder actor was reportedly driving a McLaren F1 supercar when it spun around several times, ran into a tree and a lamppost and caught fire.

The actor is said to have walked from the vehicle and was with a passing motorist until emergency services arrived.

A spokesman for the star has not yet commented on the incident.

Rowan, known to be a car enthusiast, recently topped the leader's board on Top Gear's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car contest.

He told presenter Jeremy Clarkson he was keen on racing and was currently driving a 1964 Ford Falcon.

But his racing background did nothing to quell his nerves before taking on the challenge, he admitted.

silverfox0786
05-08-11, 13:46
road accidents are getting so common now

i got back from holiday to find my friend passed away

went to his home to find it empty still dont know whats happened and still dont know if i missed the funeral or not

but managed to speak to someone in america that related to them and all i been told is he died in a road accident

he was only in his mid 30s and left behind a 3 yr old son

such a sorry loss of such a nice guy

punisher
05-08-11, 15:22
i know the feelin mate, lost a few mates to road accidents but its jus one of those things innit.
in regards to rowan atkinson, wata legend, mr bean is the fast guy round the top gear track, hu woulda known that lol that episode of top gear was hilarious and who woulda thought he woulda been in an accident in an F1 car not so long after lol hope he gona be arite though