PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo not powering up

tattoo
04-08-11, 22:10
Hi.
I bought my VU+ Duo from World of Satellite in January this year & it has been great, but yesterday when I went to turn it on, nothing happened.
I re-flashed the firmware & all seemed fine but, this evening I went to turn it on & nothing again, but this time, it will not even power up when trying to re-flash with the USB.

It seems to me that it could be a power supply problem.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

basilyoung
04-08-11, 22:45
not being sarcastic,....have you checked the plug/power lead??

tattoo
04-08-11, 22:48
Hi.
Yes, I have power, the red light on the front of the box is on but it just will not power up

punisher
04-08-11, 23:01
remove all usb devices and unplug ur hdd too switch the box off and switch it back on

tattoo
04-08-11, 23:22
Hi Punisher.
Thanks for the reply.
I dont have any USB devices (only the one with the flash in) & I dont have a hdd.
I have unplugged, the HDMI lead & the ethernet cable, so the only things connected to the box is the power lead & the RF lead.

punisher
04-08-11, 23:31
Just leave it switched off for a bit and try it again later. Also try sending the sponsor a pm and point him to this thread, see if he can shed some light on this too. Maybe im missing something obvious

basilyoung
04-08-11, 23:36
sorry for my fisrt reply, but took it take there was no sign of power to the unit

are you sure the usb stick has the correct files on it?

also, have you tried leaving the unit switched off completely for a few minutes, then tried to start it, without a usb stick in the front slot?

tattoo
05-08-11, 00:07
Thanks very much for your replies.
I have tried leaving the box off for over an hour & have tried powering up with & without the USB stick plugged in.

I have the right file on the USB stick, as it worked yesterday to fire the box up when the box would not turn on.
I have also tried the latest VIX image.
I have noticed that recently the box has been having quite a few freeze's with the spinning VIX sign.

I will PM the sponsor tomorrow (time for bed now :) )

Thanks again.

Sicilian
05-08-11, 05:28
What do you have on the display? Just a red light or anything else? Another thing to check is I've heard of the plug from PSU to motherboard being loose. Turn of the power to the receiver, removed the lid and make sure the leads from the psu as secure on the motherboard. If still cant get it going contact the sponsor, i'm sure they'll get it sorted for you.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
05-08-11, 08:43
If none of the above helps you please send us a pm with your order and contact details.

tattoo
05-08-11, 20:01
Hi.
None of the above fixed the problem.
I have not tried taking the lid off to check the leads from the psu in case it invalidated the warranty.

@ World of Satellite, I'll send a PM with my details.

Thanks for everones help.

tattoo
13-08-11, 21:35
Well what can I say...Got a phone call from World of Satellite last week & as they are not too far away from me I dropped my box off for repair.
I got another call from them yesterday saying that they was not able to repair my box at the moment & would I like to pop over to pick up a brand new box :)

I have been in the satellite scene for many years & have been a moderator on some of the largest satellite forums (including Satdudez) up until a few years ago & I have to say that the service that World of Satellite have given me, is about the best I have had.

Thanks very much World of Satellite, it really has been a pleasure dealing with you....Very highly recommend

Stanman
13-08-11, 21:39
Its good to find nice retailers who go that extra mile. I bought nearly 8 boxes from WOS and A1 service all the time and the best thing is WOS is cheaper than other sat dealers as well:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

tattoo
13-08-11, 21:50
You are completely right Stanman, over the years I have used a few different satellite companies with varying results, some good, some ok & some just downright terrible but when I get the service that WOS just gave me I think they need praising as they deserve the custom & can be trusted.