PDA

View Full Version : [ET5000] Whata nice box this is ...

punisher
04-08-11, 15:19
As the title says whata nice box this et5000 is. I havent had much of a chance to play around with it as work been bummin the life outa me lol but so far from what i have done the box is pretty awsome (and im comparing to duo and solo)
couple of things ive noticed

1) the et5000 is so much quicker for me than the solo and the duo in e2 restarts/gui restarts and even a full reboot

2) the remote response is so much better duo and solo sometimes a pain, whether its the remote or not im not too sure

3) the flashing process of an image via usb i prefer to duo/solo purely because for me as lazy as this is i like the idea of not having to remove the usb just to flash and unplug after reflash, this et5000 i just transfer the folder to the root of usb via ftp and then reboot and only thing i have to do is press the up arrow and thats it, let it flash and reboots by itself too (wo0o0o0oho0o0oo lol) and then when it boots up it doesnt automatically start to load the flash file on the usb, it gives u the option to by going orange on the display and then if you dont chose an options it boots up as normal and away i go, remove the image folder from usb and im good to go lol i know this is lazy but i dont care

4) even though it doesnt have a fan, it runs slightly cooler than solo, but with it being on a glass stand it isnt much of an issue anyway, i was xpecting it to be baking hot lol but it isnt

all in all so far i love this lil box, looks real nice too :p

Sicilian
04-08-11, 15:31
Nice quick review the Punisher, yep great receiver too imo. If get a chance to try out any skins that are posted for other E2 receiver please let us know.

Btw moved here as the topic is not directly ViX related

punisher
04-08-11, 15:33
Sorry mate that was a blonde moment lol yeh ill give a few random skins a try and see how they come up ive already gt a few in mind that i wana try anyway :p

bassethound
04-08-11, 16:05
Nice quick review of the ET5000 m8 :thumbsup:

might get one day my self!

punisher
04-08-11, 16:10
yeh i mean if this was here when i got the solo then i prolly woulda gone for this, thats not to say the solo is no good cuz the solo is very good too but this is quicker than the solo on a few things

punisher
04-08-11, 18:52
just been messing about with a couple of skins and so far i keep coming back to vix hd lol
i tried glass hd skin and although it mite look good it seems to install a whole load of extra stuff on it that i have no idea about, and although it may work there is a major problem with the virtualkeyboard file it tries to install when you install the skin. it overwrites the vix virtualkeyboard.pyo fileand causes a green screen when you try to use the virtualkeyboard. now this may not be a big issue but thought id mention it. i tested this on the latest public release.
another skin i found really nice was the elgato hd skin. really simple and nice lookin skin. missing the ecm details and that that the vix hd skin shows and glass hd but simplicity is sometimes nice. but again it seems most of the skins i have messed around with are missing components that are key to the vix image and only the vix hd skin does that as it is primarily made for the vix image.
the skins are out there for you to try and on this ET5000 it does show db readings instead of SNR etc etc but im quite happy with the vix hd skin on this et5000

punisher
04-08-11, 20:56
Doing a backup via Image Manager and Backup Manager a lot quicker on ET5000 than my Duo and Solo :eek: lol