PDA

View Full Version : Using Vix How Do I Add A Network Hard Drive To My Vuo duo??

mufc1983
03-08-11, 23:49
hi all!

Using Vix How Do I Add A Network Hard Drive To My Vuo duo?? so i can watch movies and listen to my music through project valerie ... is that possible?

thanks alot!!!

andyblac
04-08-11, 01:33
use network browser :), SETUP --> SYSYEM --> NETWORK --> DEVICE SETUP --> NETWORK BROWSER

mufc1983
04-08-11, 22:50
first of all thanks for your answer!!!

ive tried that and i can see all of the network but i cant open them...

punisher
04-08-11, 23:15
if you press ok on the one you want it should give you the option to expand it and then you need to mount it

mufc1983
05-08-11, 16:20
ive tried it and when i press expand it doesnt do anything the only thing i can expand is the vu+ duo ip address...

punisher
05-08-11, 16:22
when u click "OK" on your NAS drive when it shows up in the Network Browser, does it not take you to a screen where it asks you to setup the mount?

mufc1983
05-08-11, 16:27
no...

im trying to mount the hard drive that is connected to my computer which i see on the list but when i press expand nothing happens..

punisher
05-08-11, 16:32
aaaah ok sorry i thought u were trying to mount a network drive ... a few people have tried to mount the computers hdd to the duo but not been succesful including myself. i think the windows filesystem isnt compatible with the linux one, i was reading somewhere on the net but wasnt possible, i tried all sorts to get my duo to mount my laptops hdd but it just wouldnt happen

mufc1983
05-08-11, 16:35
ohhh thanks alot for your help!!!!!
if im connecting an external drive to my router will i need to format it so the vu+ duo will recognize it??

punisher
05-08-11, 16:50
if its a Network drive then you shouldnt have to if you plan on just streaming movies from the hdd to the duo. Ive got a Western Digital world edition which is connected to my router. I just mounted it via the Network Browser and i can stream the movies off it onto the duo

mufc1983
05-08-11, 23:12
many thanks for your help!

xdoktor
07-08-11, 19:03
Hi,
You can try running a Linux Virtual Machine in windows
Check this nice guide :

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/technology/beginners-guide-run-linux-like-any-other-program-in-windows.html
When running Linux Virtual Machine on PC the VU+ will see it and should then read your windows hdd if you follow the guide/config etc.

I use an Acer Revo w/ XBMC so dont use VU+ for playback at all really....but use this for other things :-)
cheers & good luck
Dok