PDA

View Full Version : Blindscan

coleycoleycoley
03-08-11, 14:17
Please excuse my ignorance but I want to get my head around the whole blindscan thing.

Does anyone have a tutorial for me to follow as I'd like to discover more.

olerocker
03-08-11, 14:22
You go to service searching and select manual scan then in the type of scan parameter you check blindscan.
Hope i helped.

olerocker
03-08-11, 14:25
Blindscan actually scans the whole frequency range of your the sat. dish. without inputing transporder settings.

slasher71
03-08-11, 14:37
You go to service searching and select manual scan then in the type of scan parameter you check blindscan.
Hope i helped.

I can't get blindscan working anyone else?

How is the tuner setup as I've tried everything but keep getting error "the tuner is not configured properly"

I've tried tuner settings USALS, Single, Advanced etc still can't get it to work

olerocker.... please could you give an example setting for a sat to test including tuner settings?

olerocker
03-08-11, 16:32
Ok first use latest drivers for your et9000 or et5000 box.

Then you got to menu-setup-service searching-manual scan-type of scan, there you find blindscan as a feature.
Blindscan should work on one sat at a time.

slasher71
03-08-11, 20:22
Ok first use latest drivers for your et9000 or et5000 box.

Then you got to menu-setup-service searching-manual scan-type of scan, there you find blindscan as a feature.
Blindscan should work on one sat at a time.

Is there suppose to be a progress bar or anything to say its working?

Larry-G
03-08-11, 20:28
not sure about the ET models as i dont have one but with the Vu+Uno using the original image there was a progress bar with all the tests i made with the blindscan feature.

Sicilian
03-08-11, 20:35
I'll try have a look at this over next few days.

olerocker
04-08-11, 09:21
The et9000 box´s tuners from what i know support hardware blindscan so probably there might not be progress bar (i will test it).

I think that the VU + uses a plugin for its blindscan option and not the tuners hardware (not sure though).

P.S. Blindscan from what I know can take some time so be a little patient (a couple of hours).

coleycoleycoley
04-08-11, 10:32
Thanks for this....I keep getting a tuner configuration error and can't for the life of me figure out why.

I can't let it beat me...I'm a man on a mission :-)

slasher71
04-08-11, 13:40
Finally managed to get a blind scan running on 28.2e with the default settings with high & low

Tried to change the settings but get "the tuner is not configured properly" when I scan another sat with the default settings or try to change the default settings on 28.2e

Alan M White
22-09-11, 13:36
Help...I followed above intructions..menu setup service etc...t'aint there!!...lest not on mine...weird innit:(:(