Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

GigaBlue Quad Plus (with OpenVIX) keep deleting my recordings

  • Thread starter Thread starter noxios
  • Start date Start date
N

noxios

Guest
Hello
I have a big problem with my GigaBlue Quad Plus (with OpenVIX) because it keeps deleting my recordings.
I already changed the internal disk (because I thought it could be an internal disk malfunction, and also tried others images (but the one I like most is openVIX) but the problem persists, therefore I'm here asking to someone with more experience than I to help me solving this issue with my box.
I used to had a dreambox 800HDpvr and had no such problems.

Kind regards

JG
 
Last edited:
What version of vix are you running, have you mounted HDD in mount manager, also have you checked in trashcan, location, I'm using latest vix and have no problems with recordings
 
Well thank you for answering to my help request.
I have the last version of openVIX Hades 0.8 i guess, and I also mounted both HDD (one at a time) after installing them, trash can is empty always, owww and by the way this is not all, when I connect the GBlue with NFS and connect to PC the shares in the PC also get wiped out (last time erased my wife desktop (it was shared).
Very strange machine this is, in fact I’m already kind of disappointed with it...
 
it sounds like the way you have network mounts set up, if you set them up wrong you can delete every thing if you are not careful
 
That is weird, yes I'm quite disappointed myself I'm only getting these problems with vix so it is image related and I'm sure the programmers will be on to it, have you tryed vix Apollo 166, or openatv
 
Yes I started with Apollo 166 and jumped for hades 08 before I can’t tell if I had this problem or not because I used a USB stick (and with it was ok) the problems started when I inserted an HDD.

* nsw9154
Have you some advice concerning the correct way to mount the network, in fact just to "enter" in the network because it was already mounted before the GBlue have arrived and begun to spoil things.
My solution was to uninstall the NFS server from GB (drastic solution but worked)
I noticed when I mount anything even the internal shares of GBlue it erases the mounted share it was like that how it erased the desktop of a PC as explained before
 
Last edited:
Im not to sure about mounting network iv never had to do anything like that sorry i cant help
 
Well... *casuk thank you for your help it was appreciated
...and at least I know now the problem of recording and the machine deleting the recordings automatically is not a general problem (I guess it is related with mounts...) I don’t know!!! the funny thing is I already flashed the box several times and it is always the same keeps deleting my recordings, by default it should be ok and not delete them but, it does.
 
I know now the problem of recording and the machine deleting the recordings automatically is not a general problem
The box isn't deleting your recordings unless you're running out of HDD space. Can you telenet into the box & issue
Code:
df -h
and paste the results here.
It's more than likely that your mounts aren't set-up correctly.
 
Thank you *judge for your help on this issue I will do that tonight

1st HDD have 500GB (it is the one inside at this moment, and keeps getting empty)
2nd HDD I inserted (just to confirm it wasn't a hard disk malfunction) with 320GB ended with the same result, therefore I reinstalled the one with 500GB
+1 USB with 16 GB (at first, now I just have the HDD, because i started to think the energy demanded could be the main reason, but the issue continue sometimes it deletes the recordings at the end (I cant tell, just see in next day), sometimes just after rebooting, and even the folder with the recordings get deleted.

Owww one more thing, the timer report always it started and finished well the recordings.
 
Last edited:
Yes *abu baniaz, several times because this issue is not recent to me (I already tried all that I could and think off to fix this issue with no joy).
 
Yes *abu, I do know that but each time I change the firmware I think is the best to do and I already changed the firmware 7 or 8 times lately
 
Ok *abu
Now that you tell me that I will stop, anyway I didn’t ever see the point on do it I just wanted to start a clean installation
By the way, is it possible to mount an already initialise HDD in other diferent firmware? And why the hell did the box erased the desktop of a PC when I just mounted? Any idea on that? For being honest with you, at this point I'm afraid to connect an external HDD full of films on it, because I think it will do the same and erase the disk!!! :eek:


*judge
This is the result that you asked me to post, please inform is all this ok in your opinion ?
Thanks

Welcome to OpenViX for gbquadplus
openvix Hades gbquadplus

gbquadplus login: root
Last login: Mon May 18 19:51:09 CEST 2015 on pts/1
root@gbquadplus:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs 433.1M 83.5M 349.6M 19% /
devtmpfs 279.1M 4.0K 279.1M 0% /dev
tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
/dev/sda1 465.6G 838.3M 463.8G 0% /media/hdd
tmpfs 279.2M 284.0K 278.9M 0% /var/volatile
root@gbquadplus:~#
 
Last edited:
Do you have any ports forwarded on your router to allow remote access to the box?

If so someone could delete recordings via the openwebif interface.
 
Yes I do have open ports for transcoding
But how the hell people know when I record something because it’s all the recordings that disappear almost all just after recording is finished.
Example today I tested again and I left 2 recordings going and when I go to the box to see the result (puff!!! the same crap) disappeared the recordings and the movie folder once again :(
I recorded 2 channels using both tuners (and one tuner is forwarded to the other (not a real coaxial cable) but I don’t think that could be the reason.

Returning to your idea the people in the other side then should be paying attention to my machine 24 h a day because I record at any time!!! Therefore I doubt that could be the explanation …
 
Yes I do have open ports for transcoding
But how the hell people know when I record something because it’s all the recordings that disappear almost all just after recording is finished.
Example today I tested again and I left 2 recordings going and when I go to the box to see the result (puff!!! the same crap) disappeared the recordings and the movie folder once again :(
I recorded 2 channels using both tuners (and one tuner is forwarded to the other (not a real coaxial cable) but I don’t think that could be the reason.

Returning to your idea the people in the other side then should be paying attention to my machine 24 h a day because I record at any time!!! Therefore I doubt that could be the explanation …
Disconnect your router from box and record an freeview channel see if that deletes if so rules out, remote access, also try recording then stopping after a couple of mins see if that makes a diffeence
 
What? Do u think it's the hacking stuff the reason? Well I will do that however I’m on Hispasat and I'm not sure there is free channels there but, I will do my best to try that option
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top