Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: oscam ymod

Title
    Thanks

oscam ymod

After re-flashing with the latest image, I can't seem to get oscam ymod to install.
    I tried via USB, and ftp into local extensions.
    the execution panel shows errors and it's not installed.

I receive zero channels now.

Setting restore will not work, the previous image was hades from 2014 or thereabouts; it woudn't update [system would crash instead], so that's why there's been such a gap between updates.

I have tried other versions of oscam [oscam, oscam-emu, oscam-latest] but they don't seem to do what I need doing.

I'm not very good at this stuff. Can anyone help?

I don't want to go back to the old version, it had glitches.

I live in southern Portugal.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    use latest oscam from plugins and setup from there.

hades is years old has moved on since then. I don't think your backup would work with latest image, as at some point you need to need to flash from new.

the duo is getting on now.
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    John, as I said I already tried oscam, oscam-emu, and oscam latest.

It could be that they would do what I wanted if I knew how to set them up, but I don't.
    And I've been trying for 2 days.
    The situation being what it is, I can't ask for that information, and if anyone knows it they can't tell me on this forum.

In the past, detailed instructions that could be followed by a nitwit like myself were made public, utilizing oscam ymod.

So at the moment, the only thing I can think of is to do it how I did before, and that requires ymod.
    I think.

Since the astra footprint was tightened to exclude the area where I live, the satellite dish and box have been of limited use. I won't replace it if it stops functioning.

We mostly use it as a networked video player now; it can still do that.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    in that case you are best googling ymod. or learn oscam
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    did you copy your settings into the correct directory /etc/tuxbox/config?

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    I've been googling it for 2 days; all I get is confused. A snipet here, a snipet there. Jargon I don't understand.

I copied settings all over the place, including etc/tuxbox/config; that worked with oscam vmod but does not seem to work with the 3 other versions of oscam I've tried.

On another forum, someone said that oscam-emu will do the job, but I guess it needs different settings because I tried and tried to get it running again.

I've run out of time for it now; if I get any decent tips I'll try again, otherwise the box is now a video file player.
    We hardly get any channels down here anyway.

Title
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, I was there already. I downloaded the attached settings, but they seem to contain blank fields that need to be filled in.
    Filled in with what, I have no idea. I swapped in files I used before, no luck. I reboot, start oscam, reboot, nada.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, I did it now, using the files in the link above. I only added my old key file.