Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Pausing live TV does not work reliably

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pausing live TV does not work reliably

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well I ran in timeshift for over 2 hours watching (1) 1 hour and (2) 30 minute programs then went and recorded the 1st 30 minute program from the timeshift menu then went back to watch TV and the picture locked up, I tried rewinding and fast forwarding and pressing the stop button but the picture just juddered and sort of jumped then stopped as if in pause, I pressed play and it started to play so I paused it but their was no pause indicator showing I had to change to another channel to get access to the receiver here is a screen shot of it in pause and the recorded program only showing about 10 mins even though it was a 30 minute program, I use timeshift a lot but only to watch programs from and have never tried doing a recording so have never picked this up it's a very strange one to describe but defiantly a bug

timeshift paused.jpg timeshift recording 1.jpg timeshift recording 2.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nsw9154 For This Useful Post:

divil_a_bit (20-11-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Great test. So you can say for sure the Apollo image does have a problem with time shift and permanent time shift
    Vu+ Duo --- Vix Apollo --- Magic HD Night Skin

Title
    Thanks
    I'm new to Linux receivers. Is the kernel + drivers bundled with openvix? If I try another "distro" of Enigma2 am I likely to hit the same issue?
    According to openvix, the "Driver date" is 20141020

What's something like this going to be like:
    http://image.openmips.com/4.2/index.php?open=gbquadplus

I wish I knew the problems with the Gigablue Quad Plus before I purchased it

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    With what happened with me when I tried it I would defiantly sat YES their is a problem, but I would presume only with trying to record a program while in timeshift as I never had a problem just trying to watch something as it has always worked fine

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by divil_a_bit View Post
    I'm new to Enigma2/openvix and linux satellite receivers (although I do have quite a bit of experience with linux)

Is the kernel + drivers bundled with openvix? If I try another "distro" of Enigma2 am I likely to hit the same issue?
    The OS is Linux (a limited OE (Open Embedded) version), and of course Linux contains kernel and drivers.
    Drivers are closed source, provided by the manufacturer, and compiled against the kernel.
    The application in use = Enigma 2

An image = Linux + E2 + a skin + some plugins

Linux & E2 will vary over teams (as do skins and plugins), but the drivers (and hence the kernel) is the same for every team.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

divil_a_bit (21-11-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    The OS is Linux (a limited OE (Open Embedded) version), and of course Linux contains kernel and drivers.
    Drivers are closed source, provided by the manufacturer, and compiled against the kernel.

Linux & E2 will vary over teams (as do skins and plugins), but the drivers (and hence the kernel) is the same for every team.
    Brilliant explanation Rob - thanks very much.
    I didn't realise E2 was an application! I thought it was more than that.

Do you by any chance know the latest version of the Gigablue Quad Plus drivers?
    According to openvix, the "Driver date" on mine is 20141020

Title
    Thanks
    It's definitely a driver issue. I tried the latest openmips also from here:
    http://image.openmips.com/4.2/index.php?open=gbquadplus
    and I had the same problem with pausing live TV

Title
    Thanks
    Amen!

Ditto issues on my Miracleboxx Mini HD

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeshu26 View Post
    Amen!

Ditto issues on my Miracleboxx Mini HD
    The miracle box is a different receiver to the Gigablue so i can't see it having the same driver related issues but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post

Just a follow-up question: where do I find out about new kernel/driver release for the GB Quad Plus?
    How soon after a kernel or a driver release for the GB Quad Plus receiver will it be picked up by openvix and be included as part of the image?

Thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Bootloaders are not automatically updated but have to be manually. When a new bootloader is made available and we're confident it does not break any thing in the image we will recommend you update and provide a link to it, drivers are added to the GIT and automatically updated with the image, unless we find a issue wit them and intentionally leave them out.

My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

divil_a_bit (10-12-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    drivers are added to the GIT and automatically updated with the image, unless we find a issue wit them and intentionally leave them out.
    Thanks for the information.
    Am I correct in saying openvix developers get notified of a driver update from Gigablue and do some testing with that driver. If openvix developers find no issues, they release the drivers as part of the next openvix image?
    Where does one find out about GB driver releases, when they're planned and the change logs for each release? I have a couple of issues with my GB Quad Plus and I'm wondering when/if they'll be fixed.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Pausing live TV does not work reliably

Quote Originally Posted by divil_a_bit View Post
    Thanks for the information.
    Am I correct in saying openvix developers get notified of a driver update from Gigablue and do some testing with that driver. If openvix developers find no issues, they release the drivers as part of the next openvix image?
    Where does one find out about GB driver releases, when they're planned and the change logs for each release? I have a couple of issues with my GB Quad Plus and I'm wondering when/if they'll be fixed.
    That would be the ideal situation yes but it's not always the case. Sometimes we get a heads up, other times another member of the OE-A will get the drivers and submit them to the GIT them selves. Which ever way once new drivers are issued it's not a long wait until they appear in the image.

SIMPLES.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

divil_a_bit (10-12-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Great - thanks for the info pheonix

Where does one find out about GB driver releases, when they're planned and the change logs for each release? I have a couple of issues that GB are aware of with my GB Quad Plus and I'm wondering when/if they'll be fixed.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    To be honest contrary to popular belief, we very rarely if ever get to know before hand from any manufacturer about upcoming driver releases, unless we have a specific bug report in with them, then maybe they will give us a advanced copy for testing. The rest of the time we find out the same way as every one else does, when they appear on the download page.

Code:
    http://archiv.openmips.com/
    As for changelogs again very rarely do we get to see those, in fact most manufacturers dont bother to release any form of changelog for their drivers etc.

SIMPLES.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

divil_a_bit (10-12-14)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast