Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Edision OS mini plus DVB-C Tuner and Picon Problem

Title
    Thanks

Edision OS mini plus DVB-C Tuner and Picon Problem

20161204_021319.jpg20161204_021334.jpg

Received my box today, was able to set up satellite tuner but the cable tuner is not detecting any input, i used a spare two way splitter and the cable pictured above, the split cable connection between the BB router and the box.

PICONS:
    I followed the guide on openvix website, downloaded the picons to a 16GB USB Stick attcahed to the box and formatted to FAT32 but the picons aren't showing up.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=kokojnr;427559]20161204_021319.jpg20161204_021334.jpg

Received my box today, was able to set up satellite tuner but the cable tuner is not detecting any input, i used a spare two way splitter and the cable pictured above, the split cable connection between the BB router and the box.
    PICONS:
    I followed the guide on openvix website, downloaded the picons to a 16GB USB Stick attcahed to the box and formatted to FAT32 but the picons aren't showing up.

is your cable question in regards to support? if so can you be more clear

picons on usb, you have done that wrong. the best way to do is format usb, switch box off and plug usb in, switch box on, make sure usb mounted, once mounted, then use FileZilla or something similar and ftp into your box. go to media/hdd and make a folder called picon, then transfer the picons to that folder.
    Last edited by john doe; 04-12-16 at 11:06.
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=john doe;427576]
    Quote Originally Posted by kokojnr View Post
    20161204_021319.jpg20161204_021334.jpg

PICONS:

is your cable question in regards to support? if so can you be more clear

picons on usb, you have done that wrong. the best way to do is format usb, switch box off and plug usb in, switch box on, make sure usb mounted, once mounted, then use FileZilla or something similar and ftp into your box. go to media/hdd and make a folder called picon, then transfer the picons to that folder.
    Thanks for your quick response, the cable issue is regarding support, because the DVB-C tuner isn't detecting the cable wire connection.
    i dont want to go out buying a new splitter and wires if its something that im doing wrong with the setup.

Title
    Thanks
    20161204_115437.jpg20161204_115734.jpg

DVB-C SETUP:

I used a spare 2-way splitter and coax to F connector wire on the picture above. Connected the external wire coming into the house to the Input port of the splitter then connecting my router to one output point (router works ok) and connected the box to the second output point using the cable on the picture above.

RESULT:

When I navigate to: - Menu > Setup > Service searching > Tuner configuration: DVB-S2 is working perfectly see attached picture.
    Whilst DVB-C Tuner is unable to detect the connected cable from the splitter to the box, below is message I get on the configuration screen:

TUNER TYPE DVB-C
    CONFIGURATION MODE - Nothing Detected

PICONS SETUP:

I have a 16GB USB stick attached to the USB hole at the back of the box, the stick is formatted to FAT32 and I mounted it by navigating to Setup-System- storage device-initialisation.

I downloaded picons from the plugin section and save them on this USB Stick
    When I FTP into the box and click on media > hdd, there is already a folder named picon, ( I didn’t make this folder) with all the picons already on it.

MY Problems:

I am unable to get DVB-C connection working and the picons are not showing up on the channel list.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Try connecting to your box without the splitter. That will rule out your splitter being faulty.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Just done as you suggested, still no tuner or wire connection detected
    Im using a wire like this picture, plugged into the "antenna in" inputSE0068606_coax_to_f_connector_kenable.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Edision OS MEGA TRIPLE TUNER COMBO
    Edision OS MINI+ Plus

Formuler F1
    Triviar Alpha

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    feed before router is split with a tratec splitter 5-1000mhz one side feeding router other side going to input of box does nothing connected change if using right > of ok button?

sometimes we forget to try not connected [ by default ? ] to something else?

forgot to add if still no live feed try before router.
    Last edited by cactikid; 04-12-16 at 17:47.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    feed before router is split with a tratec splitter 5-1000mhz one side feeding router other side going to input of box does nothing connected change if using right > of ok button?

sometimes we forget to try not connected [ by default ? ] to something else?

forgot to add if still no live feed try before router.
    I did a direct connection of the cable to the white box on the wall where cable from the street terminates to.
    Then connected the other end of the cable to the antenna input on the edision box.

Edision OS MINI+ Plus

Formuler F1
    Triviar Alpha

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    that should work been a direct feed,hmm more input needed from others,any m8s got same setup to test there?

Title
    Thanks
    Is there anyway to test if the DVB-C tuner is ok and working?

Edision OS MINI+ Plus

Formuler F1
    Triviar Alpha

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    it should detect your connection been direct and just to confirm it is before router? then could be faulty tuner,hence i said check elsewhere.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    it should detect your connection been direct and just to confirm it is before router? then could be faulty tuner,hence i said check elsewhere.
    Hi,
    Yes I isolated the router and connected direct from the feed box on the wall and the STB

Edision OS MINI+ Plus

Formuler F1
    Triviar Alpha

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    wos may ask you to reflash box and setup again to recheck tuner issue and check it at a m8s house to confirm tuner issue.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Have you configured your DVB-C tuner? It says, nothing connected on the screenshot. You will need the net-ID of the existing TV service. I assume you have a working cable TV service and not just broadband?
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Have you configured your DVB-C tuner? It says, nothing connected on the screenshot. You will need the net-ID of the existing TV service. I assume you have a working cable TV service and not just broadband?
    Sorry how do I configure the DVB-C tuner when it's not showing up under "SETUP> SERVICE SEARCHING> TUNER CINFIGURATION"?

I have basic TV package and 200MB BB.

Edision OS MINI+ Plus

Formuler F1
    Triviar Alpha

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast