Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrestrail HD channel Scan - Craigkelly

Title
    Thanks

Terrestrail HD channel Scan - Craigkelly

HD Channel Scan for Craigkelly Transmitter:

terrestrial_Custom_transponder.xml.zip

EDIT: Link to mast details
    Code:
    https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Craigkelly
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 14-10-17 at 18:45. Reason: Link to mast details

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chaser For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (17-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Please try this. I'll probably wait for feedback before adding to repository.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Not going to be able to test it for a couple of weeks. I had a chance opportunity to visit Edinburgh today, but won't be back for a couple of weeks.

Title
    Thanks
    OK. I'll add it anyway. Please post back if there are issues.

Title
    Thanks
    I've managed to get remote access to the box, but I'm getting some 'Tune Failed' errors. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

1. If I do a manual scan, I find 179 channels. I can then successfully tune to any of channels that were found.
    2. If I then run ABM it scans and finds 117 Video 30 radio services, but I then get Tune Failed errors when I browse the bouquets and try to select certain channels.
    3. If I then do a manual scan again, I find 179 channels again. I can now browse the bouquets and tune all the channels.

Repeating step 2 again causes Tune Failed on certain channels, so I run step 3 again to get everything working. I've temporarily disabled ABM scheduled scans.

This was happening prior to adding the updated terrestrial_uk_freeview.xml file posted above, but does the same even after adding the file (overwriting the original). Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
    Last edited by chaser; 19-09-17 at 21:37.

Title
    Thanks
    OK, we may need to add all the transponder data.

Please delete all channel data first. Link to thread with commands in my signature.
    Delete providers.cache file
    Use attached xml file.
    Only use ABM.
    Check problematic channels please.

Title
    Thanks
    Ran through all the steps you provided, but unfortunately I'm still seeing the same problem. Looks like I can tune in (at least some of) the HD channels without any problem, but the SD channels fail. It's difficult to test everything, as I'm having to use the Web interface remote / screenshot functionality to carry out all the normal remote control functions. It's a bit clunky, but it does actually work quite well! As before, doing a manual scan after the ABM scan gets everything working.

Should I try getting another terrestrial_Custom_transponder.xml.zip for you for the Craigkelly transmitter? I wonder if trying to upload and attach a file to this site that has the same filename as previous file I've uploaded would cause any problem?
    Last edited by chaser; 20-09-17 at 07:19.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is the xml file file correct for Craigkelly?

xml frequencies ------- does craigkelly transmit on the frequency
    (Mhz)

474 ------------------- yes
    506 ------------------- no
    546 ------------------- yes
    570 ------------------- yes
    578 ------------------- yes
    634 ------------------- no
    650 ------------------- no
    658 ------------------- no
    674 ------------------- no
    682 ------------------- no
    714 ------------------- no

The MUX on 474MHz carries
    Film4 +1, BBC One HD Scotland, BBC Two HD (England), STV HD (STV West), Channel 4 HD Scotland ads, Channel 5 HD, CBBC HD,

The MUX on 546MHz only carries
    STV Edinburgh

The MUX on 570MHz carries
    5USA +1, VIVA, CBS Action +1, CBS Reality +1, Talking Pictures TV, Vintage TV, Keep It Country, BBC Four HD, BBC News HD, Al Jazeera Eng HD, Channel 4+1 HD, 4seven HD, RT HD, CBeebies HD

The MUX on 578MHz carries
    Community Channel, Front Runner, 55 5STAR+1, More4 1, Freesports, BT Showcase HD (not free)

Could this be why all the HD channels are being seen but non of the common SD channels. The wrong frequencies are being scanned for some of the MUXs.
    https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Craigkelly

Could the original information supplied be from more than one transmitter? In my location I've always had to scan for specific MUX frequencies as I can get signals from at least 3 transmitters, two of which don't give 100% stable reception (weather and time of day dependent).

Some of the frequencies look more suited to black hill which is a further 20 miles away and transmits at 5x the power

xml frequencies ------- does black hill transmit on the frequency
    (Mhz)
    474 ------------------- no
    506 ------------------- no
    546 ------------------- no
    570 ------------------- no
    578 ------------------- no
    634 ------------------- yes
    650 ------------------- yes
    658 ------------------- yes
    674 ------------------- yes
    682 ------------------- yes
    714 ------------------- yes
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (20-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    ABM does not scan as such. It reads the tables.

I did not interrogate the data you provided properly, I had assumed it was correct. @adm is correct, the initial scan had transponders you should not have if your aerial is pointing towards craigkelly.

1. Transfer this terrestrial.xml file to /etc/tuxbox/

It has the following added

Code:
        <terrestrial name="Craigkelly, Fife (Europe DVB-T/T2)" flags="5" countrycode="GBR">
            <transponder centre_frequency="474000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" /><!-- Ch 21 plus -->
            <transponder centre_frequency="498000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" /><!-- Ch 24 -->
            <transponder centre_frequency="522000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" /><!-- Ch 27 -->
            <transponder centre_frequency="546000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" /><!-- Ch 30 -->
            <transponder centre_frequency="570000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" /><!-- Ch 33 -->
            <transponder centre_frequency="578000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" /><!-- Ch 34 -->
            <transponder centre_frequency="618000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" /><!-- Ch 39 plus -->
            <transponder centre_frequency="642000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" /><!-- Ch 42 -->
            <transponder centre_frequency="666000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" guard_interval="4" transmission_mode="2" hierarchy_information="4" inversion="2" /><!-- Ch 45 -->
        </terrestrial>
    2. Issue the command to delete channels

3. In tuner configuration, select Craiglkelly.

4. Perform a non-ABM Scan.

5. Attach your lamedb and lamedb5 files here. You will need to zip them.

I shall provide another ABM file later unless you want to make one yourself.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 20-09-17 at 12:45. Reason: Forgot attachment

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    In my location I've always had to scan for specific MUX frequencies as I can get signals from at least 3 transmitters, two of which don't give 100% stable reception (weather and time of day dependent).
    You can make your own terrestrail.xml file and place it in /etc/enigma2/
    Tuner config and scanning will only use those values.

Title
    Thanks
    ok. there's definitely something wrong with the terrestrial_Custom_transponder.xml.zip file that I posted. If I try a manual scan on some of those 'rouge' frequencies nothing is found. I'm pretty sure I'm not picking up anything from the Black Hill transmitter, because if I manually scan those frequencies it's not picking up any channels. I'll try recreating the terrestrial_Custom_transponder.xml.zip file a bit later today when I get more time.

Edit: Sorry, just seen the extra posts by abu baniaz after I posted this. I'll do some work later today.
    Last edited by chaser; 20-09-17 at 13:03.

Title
    Thanks
    The xml file you posted was made from your lamedb file. Did you use the receiver elsewhere?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You can make your own terrestrail.xml file and place it in /etc/enigma2/
    Tuner config and scanning will only use those values.
    Bluebell Hill is OK in the .xml file. On other boxes I've had to scan for the specific transmitter MUX channels as my aerial could usually pick up two other transmitters because the signals were bouncing off nearby tall buildings. Bluebell Hill is not my closest transmitter but it is the one where I have clear line of sight and the one that gives reliable reception.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    @Chaser, until another ipk is uploaded, please transfer the attached and replace existing one in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ABM_T2_XML

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    The xml file you posted was made from your lamedb file. Did you use the receiver elsewhere?
    Yes. It had been used on the Durris transmitter previously.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast