Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: OpenWebif issue

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments

Thread: OpenWebif issue

Title
    Thanks

OpenWebif issue

Expanding a bouquet of TV channels (when EPG is not loaded - for instance a DVB-T bouquet) the following exception is thrown:
    (bouquet is not expanded, "loading..." message remains on the screen)

Code:
    <  1488.547> Unhandled Error
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/protocols/basic.py", line 571, in dataReceived

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/web/http.py", line 1752, in lineReceived

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/web/http.py", line 1845, in allContentReceived

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/web/http.py", line 766, in requestReceived

--- <exception caught here> ---
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/web/server.py", line 190, in process

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/web/server.py", line 241, in render

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/base.py", line 123, in render
        data = func(request)
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/ajax.py", line 67, in P_channels
        channels = getChannels(idbouquet, stype)
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/models/services.py", line 367, in getChannels
        chan['next_end'] = strftime("%H:%M",(localtime(nextevent[0][1] + nextevent[0][2])))
    exceptions.TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'NoneType'

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enf70 View Post
    Expanding a bouquet of TV channels (when EPG is not loaded - for instance a DVB-T bouquet)
    Could you expand on what you mean by "EPG is not loaded"?

(The actual problem seems to be that there is a now event, but not a next one. There's a check for the former existing but not the latter).
    Last edited by birdman; 27-06-17 at 14:26.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Actually it seems EPG is there, for one channel "next_end" and "next_duration" are not set.

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 14.14.42.png

I changed the code like this:

Code:
    root@vuduo2:/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/models$ diff services.py_orig services.py 
    --- services.py_orig
    +++ services.py
    @@ -364,8 +364,12 @@
     				nextevent = epgcache.lookupEvent(['TBDIX', (channel[0], +1, -1)])
     				chan['next_title'] = filterName(nextevent[0][0])
     				chan['next_begin'] =  strftime("%H:%M", (localtime(nextevent[0][1])))
    -				chan['next_end'] = strftime("%H:%M",(localtime(nextevent[0][1] + nextevent[0][2])))
    -				chan['next_duration'] = int(nextevent[0][2] / 60)
    +				if len(nextevent) > 0 and nextevent[0][0] is not None:
    +				    chan['next_end'] = strftime("%H:%M",(localtime(nextevent[0][1] + nextevent[0][2])))
    +				    chan['next_duration'] = int(nextevent[0][2] / 60)
    +				else:
    +				    chan['next_end'] = None
    +				    chan['next_duration'] = None
     				chan['next_ev_id'] = nextevent[0][3]
     				chan['next_idp'] = "nextd" + str(idp)
     				idp += 1

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Could you expand on what you mean by "EPG is not loaded"?

(The actual problem seems to be that there is a now event, but not a next one. There's a check for the former existing but not the latter).
    You are right, the entire "nextevent" is not there.
    I only added the check for the two fields triggering the exception but we need a proper fix in place.

Title
    Thanks
    Assuming that your problem is what I think it is, I have a fix.
    But since I can't reproduce a situation that has a now event but not a next one (except artificially) I'm not certain that it will fix what you have seen.

Mind you, in the process I've come across an additonal bug in OpenWebIF. It should be html-escaping the programme title (and channel name), but it isn't. As I discovered when trying to set a dummy title of "<<absent>>" and ending up with just "<>" displayed.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enf70 View Post
    I only added the check for the two fields triggering the exception but we need a proper fix in place.
    Try this?

services.zip

No, don't. I've just read your post and it needs a finer set of tests....

Title
    Thanks
    OK, try this one.

services.zip

It (should) handle missing the next event having a missing begin or duration. It also handles there being no next event at all (the rest of the OWI code expects to find some...).

Now I'm going to look at html-escaping titles....

Title
    Thanks
    Can of worms here!
    I've now found another bug (with URL unquoting) whilst looking for html escaping.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

pembo (27-06-17)

Title
    Thanks
    OK, try this one.

services.zip

It (should) handle missing the next event having a missing begin or duration. It also handles there being no next event at all (the rest of the OWI code expects to find some...).

Now I'm going to look at html-escaping titles....
    Thanks, I'll try your fix later on and report back.

Title
    Thanks
    Mind you, in the process I've come across an additonal bug in OpenWebIF. It should be html-escaping the programme title (and channel name), but it isn't. As I discovered when trying to set a dummy title of "<<absent>>" and ending up with just "<>" displayed.
    Hmmm....weird.

I do need to put that string in as html-escaped ( &lt;&lt;absent&gt;&gt ), but as far as I can see every other instance of text arriving back for display is already escaped. Which makes no sense as the titles being set in services.py certainly are not (I've printed them all out...). Actually, it looks like the title field isn't escaped, but the running text is. And If I change the title to contain "<&> it all gets horribly messed up....
    Fortunately there seems to be a simple fix for all relevant fields in this file as they are all fetched via filterName() or convertDesc().

Title
    Thanks
    OK. Three PRs.

A call to an undefined function, unescape (should be unquote). That's gone in (and wasn't a problem unless there were tags - just that I noticed it while looking for any uses of "escape").

A fix for missing fields in the next item (what you were suffering):
    Code:
    https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-OpenWebif/pull/622
    A fix to HTML-escape the title and descriptions (which was what I was falling foul of with the "<<absent>>" string).
    Code:
    https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-OpenWebif/pull/623

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

pembo (28-06-17),Sicilian (28-06-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    you've got to love it when something that should be simple to fix turns up 5 other things at the same time and you're sat there wishing you never opened the can