Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on lx2?

Title
    Thanks
    Can't I just do a factory reset, the box come with Vix pre-installed.
    I really can't see the box being much faster with a re flash to be honest.

Tried the timeshift on a hd channel the other night, couldn't FF or rw kept freezing and jittering. Had to reboot the box to get it to respond again.

Bit mad at my self for not spending the extra money and getting a better box for my needs.

Then again I was a noob ( still am ) back then and didn't know the in's and outs. Think the sat bug as got to me. I can cope atm with the box, it ain't that bad, I just hate lag with avengence!

I've really set mind on the Vu solo 2, really like the Duo2 but I think it would be over kill for me.
    Last edited by gkf9; 30-04-15 at 06:53.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gkf9 View Post
    Can't I just do a factory reset, the box come with Vix pre-installed.
    I really can't see the box being much faster with a re flash to be honest.

Tried the timeshift on a hd channel the other night, couldn't FF or rw kept freezing and jittering. Had to reboot the box to get it to respond again.

Bit mad at my self for not spending the extra money and getting a better box for my needs.

Then again I was a noob ( still am ) back then and didn't know the in's and outs. Think the sat bug as got to me. I can cope atm with the box, it ain't that bad, I just hate lag with avengence!

I've really set mind on the Vu solo 2, really like the Duo2 but I think it would be over kill for me.
    All a factory reset will do is erase the user area of the current installed image, it wont remove any plugins already installed and it wont return it back to factory (yes the name is misleading but it has always been so). As for a fresh flash speeding yup the receiver, it depends on what plugins were pre-installed by the backup's creator and as a rule they throw all kinds of crap in there with no thought about how the box will perform afterwards.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    So if I remove the plug in's from with in the box, there will still be traces of it around?

To be honest I'm a little nervous of starting over again and getting my box up and running. But in the back of mind I need peace of mind to see if this would speed the box up. And also I'll have the comfort of knowing how to set up from scratch.

It would really help if someone with the same box said there box was fast then I could compare etc.

I'll have to wait till I get some spare time, if I bugger it up and the wife and little girl have no tv, I'll be in the dog house.
    Last edited by gkf9; 30-04-15 at 07:35.

Title
    Thanks
    Few questions before I re - flash
    Is there anything I need to install after flash?
    Does the crossepg and AM come already in the Vix image?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    CrossEPG and ABM are built into the image by default, you just need set them up to your liking, but before you get that far make a full set of backups from your current image, this way if some thing does go wrong you can reload the old image to save time and earache from the family.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry one more question, are the soft cams built into the plugins, or do I need to download them?

Already got a image back up so should be good to go.

Thanks.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Softcams are available from our plugin feeds but you will have to provide your own config files as we dont for legal reasons.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Well I'm definitely going to have to do a fresh flash, my box as got into a crashing loop everytime I load media now.

Title
    Thanks
    I haven't been on the forums for a while as my box has been running fine.

It is a good little box. I am running the OpenVix image on it and it has been absolutely fine.

The only downside of the box, in my opinion, is that the picture quality isn't as good as my Panasonic twin tuner freesat box. But overall for the money, it is a good box.

My box is really quiet and the EPG displays pretty quickly.

I turn my box off at night and the next day I have to reload the EPG. Does anyone know why it doesn't show the previously downloaded data as I thought it saved this to the memory stick.
    Last edited by tiptop1; 27-05-15 at 23:16. Reason: Added notes about epg.

Title
    Thanks
    I got this box yesterday and it is worse than my old Technomate. It's just taken 9 minutes to download the plugins menu. Is this normal??? The lag on it is horrendous when using the menus.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1979 View Post
    I got this box yesterday and it is worse than my old Technomate. It's just taken 9 minutes to download the plugins menu. Is this normal??? The lag on it is horrendous when using the menus.
    9 minutes? Doubt its the receiver more like an issue with your connection to the plugins downloads server.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    9 minutes? Doubt its the receiver more like an issue with your connection to the plugins downloads server.
    Any tips to improve it? The box seems very laggy in general when using menus, etc.

Title
    Thanks
    My LX2 lags in the menus and the EPG takes about 7 secs to load, sometimes have to reboot it when it slows down.
    Thinking of getting a VU solo2 to replace it, I hate lag.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gkf9 View Post
    My LX2 lags in the menus and the EPG takes about 7 secs to load, sometimes have to reboot it when it slows down.
    Thinking of getting a VU solo2 to replace it, I hate lag.
    Did you do a reflash? Did it help?

Title
    Thanks
    Would there be any benefit in flashing with a different image?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast