Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Openvix 5 1 002 Release Et9x00 USB-Backup of settings & Plugins no longer possible

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Openvix 5 1 002 Release Et9x00 Usb
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes

Thread: Openvix 5 1 002 Release Et9x00 USB-Backup of settings & Plugins no longer possible

Title
    Thanks

Openvix 5 1 002 Release Et9x00 USB-Backup of settings & Plugins no longer possible

Hello!

Yesterday I have been upgrading my Xtrend ET-9200 from Openvix 5 0 032 Release Et9x00 Usb to Openvix 5 1 002 Release Et9x00 Usb. The image works fine, the HDD also is recognized correctly.
    I can make a full Image backup but if I try to make a backup only of settings and plugins I have got the message that there is a possible problem with the HDD and I should execute a new format.
    This message did appear after i erased my older seting and Plugin backups of my previous Openvix 5 0 032 Release Et9x00 Usb. Please note: when I try to do a setting and plugin backup, the status bar appears showing the progress of precentage and it seems that all is proceeding well but if I try to restore the backup the message appears that there is no backup available.

What can be the cause?

For any help I'd thank you in advance!

Title
    Thanks
    Delete the backups already on the HDD and also the backup folder. I had tha similar issue on mine using the previous Version of VIX and it seemed to do the backup OK after that. It just re-instates the folder and makes a new backup.

I had over 500GB of stuff on mine so formatting the HDD wasn't an option.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sundancer View Post
    Delete the backups already on the HDD and also the backup folder. I had tha similar issue on mine using the previous Version of VIX and it seemed to do the backup OK after that. It just re-instates the folder and makes a new backup.

I had over 500GB of stuff on mine so formatting the HDD wasn't an option.
    Thank you sundancer, it worked very well, but I was only able to delete (using Filezilla) all backups in the "backup" folder not the folder itself! Anyway it does not matter, the backup of Settings and plugins works fine again!
    Last edited by teleradio; 23-11-17 at 01:24.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to teleradio For This Useful Post:

sundancer (23-11-17)