Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux E2 Receiver

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    The Technomate TM-Twin 4K is pig ugly and the remote looks like it was made by a blue peter contestant, come on Technomate take some time and effort and make your products look appealing for costumers do not use parts from the left over parts bin
    Whilst I agree with this in principle, bassetthound, I would also say that the practical side of a good working device versus eye candy is much more important. We have all had devices with bells and whistles that looked the part but then fell way way short of our expectations with their workings. and the TM, though it might not look the part, sounds as though the early signs/thoughts suggest it plays the part.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rajigagi For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (21-03-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    The box specs look great with a great price it will sell well im sure but not sure it would look good in most peoples AV setup it should be great for a bedroom box

Might even get my self one in the future if reviews are good always been a technomate fan as the hardware is great.

All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rajigagi View Post
    Whilst I agree with this in principle, bassetthound, I would also say that the practical side of a good working device versus eye candy is much more important. We have all had devices with bells and whistles that looked the part but then fell way way short of our expectations with their workings. and the TM, though it might not look the part, sounds as though the early signs/thoughts suggest it plays the part.
    Can only agree, would not rate either the HD51 or SF4008 as great looking boxes in fact most manufacturers seem to have no idea when it comes down to looks, just ship black metal tin cans (margins, margins ) but as long as the technical internals are good and the support then so be it .. then again on remotes they really should think harder ..... just acquired a mouse remote (for something else) that is a remote, mouse and on the back a keyboard .... and it works! Obviously Chinese and not expensive (reliability - time will tell), so why cannot these guys provide better remotes??
    Last edited by twol; 21-03-17 at 17:13.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rajigagi View Post
    Hi all just received an email from WOS with this in it - NEW TECHNOMATE TRIPLE TUNER COMBO MODEL 1X DVB-S2 + 2X DVB-C 4K, so was wondering if anyone has had the chance to compare it to the SF4008 please?
    Thanks in advance
    Well 2x DVB-C would not be much use to me as I don't have cable. I have just bought an SF4008 with 2x DVB-S2 and 2x DVB-C/T/T2 which means it can receive Terrestrial TV as well. (one useable T2 tuner as only 3 tuners in total can be used). The ability of the SF4008 to receive the French multistream channels from 5w was a decisive factor. It reminds me of my analogue/digital Technomate receiver which I got when French analogue channels were broadcast from 5w.

Title
    Thanks
    Hello to all,
    This receiver has one or tho card readers? Not important for me common interface.
    Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bibic View Post
    Hello to all,
    This receiver has one or tho card readers? Not important for me common interface.
    Thanks.
    There is one slot for a card and one for a CAM. I have not used either.

Title
    Thanks
    I've read good things about the upscaler in the SF4008 and HD51 (and I'm guessing the new Technomate TM-Twin-4k will be the same)

I've currently got a GI LX3 which I've been extremely happy with and just wondered if anyone had both and had done a direct comparison as I'm wondering if I'd get a better picture on the SD channels by buying a newer 4k box please?

Thanks in advance!

Title
    Thanks
    I have always been pleased with my 1080HD receivers (ET8500), but both the HD51 & the SF4008 4K boxes have really sharp pictures that I feel are better even at 1080, on both my Panasonic Plasma TV in the lounge and my 4K Monitor in my "office".

So overall I am really pleased at the result and feel that the change has been worth the move to 4K capable receivers.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

10. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

aido (22-03-17)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I have always been pleased with my 1080HD receivers (ET8500), but both the HD51 & the SF4008 4K boxes have really sharp pictures that I feel are better even at 1080, on both my Panasonic Plasma TV in the lounge and my 4K Monitor in my "office".

So overall I am really pleased at the result and feel that the change has been worth the move to 4K capable receivers.
    Sorry I don't agree, all depends on the TV. I've got two 4K tv's, one is a £2K LG OLED, that's great with a 4K box, my other TV is a £500 LG 4K LCD. Any boxes connected to this TV are better set to 1080p. PQ with the lower end 4K LCD is much better with receiver set at 1080p and let TV do the uplscaling.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (23-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    That's what I'm trying to work out please @Sicilian - I have the LX3 set to output 1080i and I let my LG E6 handle the deinterlacing which works well for me to date (I turned off autoresolution for SD as the wife moaned about how long it takes everything in the chain to resync accordingly when she flicks through a HD to SD channel).

I keep reading that people are seeing better picture quality on the 4K boxes than they had on the older 1080i/p boxes.

I like the LX3 which has been a great box, just getting itchy for an upgrade

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Sorry I don't agree, all depends on the TV. I've got two 4K tv's, one is a £2K LG OLED, that's great with a 4K box, my other TV is a £500 LG 4K LCD. Any boxes connected to this TV are better set to 1080p. PQ with the lower end 4K LCD is much better with receiver set at 1080p and let TV do the uplscaling.
    .. and I would agree, I (as said) usually use 1080 (P) on my boxes to very good Plasma TV/Monitor .. but picture from both 2160 capable receivers is better than the ET8500, going to either 1080 TV or 2160 monitor. (Which I think was the original question?)

It absolutly depends also on the TV and the users perspective which is why I wouldn,t buy some market leading brands, but as many people buy these brands I try not to be too critical.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

aido (23-03-17)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    .. and I would agree, I (as said) usually use 1080 (P) on my boxes to very good Plasma TV/Monitor .. but picture from both 2160 capable receivers is better than the ET8500, going to either 1080 TV or 2160 monitor. (Which I think was the original question?)

It absolutly depends also on the TV and the users perspective which is why I wouldn,t buy some market leading brands, but as many people buy these brands I try not to be too critical.
    I've got a 4K LCD and two other smaller LCD's, my ET8500 gives just as good PQ output as SF4008 and HD51 set to 1080p.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,924 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sasho View Post
    I have read that only tuner B supporting It
    That is a bug in NimManager in some other images.

On a satellite like 28E you are not going to see any difference in tuner sensitivity as the signal is so strong. Tuner seems fine to me, but I'm using it to watch tv, not dx.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I've got a 4K LCD and two other smaller LCD's, my ET8500 gives just as good PQ output as SF4008 and HD51 set to 1080p.
    Lucky you, as I said its also down to having a good quality TV and user perception
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks

SONY AMP and OCTAGON SF4008 PROBLEM

I have the 4K Octagon plugged into a HDMI input on a SONY STRDH750 RECEIVER and that plugged into the HDMI Input on the LG 4K OLED TV. When the SOUND volume is adjusted on the SONY amp, the TV picture blanks for about 5 secs then the sound mutes for another 2 secs and then both picture and sound return to normal. Touch the volume control again, the problem repeats. This only happens with the Octagon Receiver. I have Blue Ray player and a Vu+Solo2 connected to inputs on the amp and there is no problem with picture and sound loss. Octagon and Vu+Solo2 have OpenVix images and the settings in the HDMI CEC are the same. Both off. Have tried all the settings in the SONY amp HDMI settings to no avail. Can any one solve this annoying problem.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast