Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Updating picons

Title
    Thanks

Updating picons

I am a little confused as to where I can get the must up to date set of picons, I have downloaded them in the plug ins but they are fairly old with some channel names having changed, where else can I get a new set or do I have to add in just thw few that have changed, if so how would I actually do this? Looking inside the folder it doesn't akways seem straight forward to identify which picon is for which channels, many thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Are they for UK sky. I use nephilims

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ad.php?t=11102
    Last edited by garryboy; 02-03-15 at 08:08.

Title
    Thanks
    cheers mate, I see on that thread page 25 is the last updated set back in October, I was hoping to get something recent. If I wanted to use his 28 east and other satellites would I have to merge them into one folder and then ftp? thanks mate

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I am a little confused as to where I can get the must up to date set of picons, I have downloaded them in the plug ins but they are fairly old with some channel names having changed, where else can I get a new set or do I have to add in just thw few that have changed, if so how would I actually do this? Looking inside the folder it doesn't akways seem straight forward to identify which picon is for which channels, many thanks.
    Put yourself on the other side of the screen. How does your text allow others to understand your setup is?
    What satellites/services do you have?
    Which picons did you install?
    Which are missing/wrong?

People guessing won't assist you. It may be worth your while uninstalling the ones you have installed and then use the SNP picons. There are some on the download site.

Title
    Thanks
    sorry abu, I am using a duo2 and was looking for picons for 28 east, but have a full set up so other satellites would be good also but not so important. I have only ever ftp'd the picon folder to the receivers flash or hard drive as a ready made folder and don't know how to go about getting the most up to date set, I hope that's enough info, for example I don't have channel 5 and Sky Sports cricket. When you say the download site you mean th list that coms up on plugins, I think thosse are the ones I am already using as theye show as an option to remove plugins, cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Firstly uninstall them through the plugin menu.

Download them from here and tehn ftp to your receiver.
    http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Picons/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

jassie (03-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks abu, will give that a go tonight

Title
    Thanks
    abu I tried almost all over those but they don't appear on the front panel display like the current ones do, I reverted back to the current and they again displayed on the front panel display, not sure what is the difference

Title
    Thanks
    LCD4Linux has not been updated to accomodate the SNPs, this is why they do not show on the LCD screen. Sorry.

Which picons are you using at the moment?

Title
    Thanks
    I am uncertain which ones they are as I had deleted them from my computer, I managed to reapply them by ftp'ing them from my brothers receiver back to the computer and on to my receiver