Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Bug is not Edision Specific] Scans bringing box out of standby.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok same again this morning but this time no recordings took place, box had crashed and produced the same crash log.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    What plugins do you have installed exactly? Full list please.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by No1gooner View Post
    Ok same again this morning but this time no recordings took place, box had crashed and produced the same crash log.
    That crashlog might be handy too...

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I've just spent a long period of time testing with embedded Autobouquetsmaker and crossepg, no issues found.

I'd advise you USB re-flash. Use embedded Autobouqeurtsmaker. Ensure EPG data is stored on an external storage device.

After re-flashing make sure your USB HDD is mount on /media/hdd, blue button > ViX > Mount manager.

Do not install ANY extra plugins when testing.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

No1gooner (04-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    if you have a working Edison already upstairs, can't you take a total image of that box and restore to the 'faulty' one and see what happens?

Title
    Thanks
    Ok thanks for your help I'm going to try what danlou has suggested and try using a back up from the working edision, if that fails i will set up from scratch with your suggestions and test over the weekend and report back.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok tried with the back up from my other edision and still the same problem so I'm going to set up from scratch as suggested, I do find it strange that the exact same setup on my single tuner edision works fine, but I'm only having this problem on the dual tuner.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok so I've done what you said sicilian, fresh flash from usb, using standard abm with no plugins installed, epg data to hdd and I still have the problem, recording on tuner b and cross epg gets stuck at reading titles 293kb on tuner a! I'm going to try a earlier version of vix and see if it happens on that.

Title
    Thanks
    Vix 4.1 001 still the same problem, refuses to download on tuner A, so do you think I have a tuner problem? Because I'm at a loss as to what's wrong I've done all that's been suggested to no avail.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Can you do following please?
    1. enable debug logs,
    2. restart,
    3. repeat process.
    4. Attach debug log

Debug logging is enabled as follows:
    Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Enable debug logs = yes, and then GUI Restart.

Default location for logs is /home root/logs
    Save to PC then upload as an attachment please

Title
    Thanks
    have you put the 'faulty' box upstairs and the good one downstairs as that will eliminate cable issue i suppose?

Title
    Thanks
    Defiantly not a cable issue I've swapped the two round in the faulty box and still always gets stuck on tuner a, if I put the cable from tuner a into b it downloads fine, if I put the cable from tuner b to tuner a I still get the problem.
    Last edited by No1gooner; 04-05-16 at 20:05.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by No1gooner View Post
    Ok so I've done what you said sicilian, fresh flash from usb, using standard abm with no plugins installed, epg data to hdd and I still have the problem, recording on tuner b and cross epg gets stuck at reading titles 293kb on tuner a! I'm going to try a earlier version of vix and see if it happens on that.
    How do you know recording is using tuner b? If both tuners are for Astra 28.2? In standby crossepg would use 1st free tuner. So if recording a would be used 1st and crossepg 2nd on b.

Contact wos and let them check the unit out. You might even have an lnb issue when both tuners are being used.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    I obviously can't tell that in standby, but if I set up a recording I can see its using tuner b so run the download on tuner a and that's when it gets stuck, if I do the scan on tuner b it completes, I can't see this being an lnb issue as my previous box worked fine right up until I swapped it for the edision.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    One thing I didn't test was record and run crossepg, will test that hopefully tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

No1gooner (04-05-16)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast