Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Box Choice??

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Box Choice??

Hi, I am sure you guys are sick of this question but I would really appreciate some advice. I am about to buy my first box and based on what I've read here I have narrowed down to 3 options:

1. Gigablue HD800SE+
    2. TM-TWIN-OE
    3. VU+ Duo

Any views on this?
    Will all three do the same or is there any limitations with any?
    What size of hard drive do you guys recommend?

Been trolling here for a while so have realised I don't want a clone box and VIX image seems the way forward.

Has anyone regretted buying one of these?

Title
    Thanks
    I have the vuduo , I got mine over 4 years ago and its been used every day since and is still going strong. Fast channel change and great PIC with VIX. Quality build, plus cheap now as I paid just over 350£ back then. So vuduo for me

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for reply.

Was duo your first box?

Bit worried i'm buying more power than I need.
    I am edging toward the duo but the rf out on TM is tempting me for bedroom feed. Is there a better way to feed another room?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    VU-Duo getting a bit old now.
    Site sponsor has the TM-Nano 2 Super a bit cheaper than the Duo, worth looking at too.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    VU-Duo getting a bit old now.
    Site sponsor has the TM-Nano 2 Super a bit cheaper than the Duo, worth looking at too.
    I am in a similar position,looking for a 2x tuner box (satellite) . I will have a look at the other suggestions. I was considering the Miraclebox Mini HD, or the Technomate Nano-2T. I am tempted by the Technomate, however the Miraclebox does seem to have a faster processor/more memory/ and a swappable second tuner. Is there much advantage of the TM super over the normal nano.
    Last edited by cascas1; 20-08-14 at 09:00.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is support for the TM 2super as good as support for Vu duo?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cascas1 View Post
    I am in a similar position,looking for a 2x tuner box (satellite) . I will have a look at the other suggestions. I was considering the Miraclebox Mini HD, or the Technomate Nano-2T. I am tempted by the Technomate, however the Miraclebox does seem to have a faster processor/more memory/ and a swappable second tuner. Is there much advantage of the TM super over the normal nano.
    The nano2 and nano2 super are different receivers. The nano-2T is based on the Duo the nano 2 super is based on the Solo2.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Was wondering due to crap british weather thinking of going on calbe box due to instablity with thunder and that
    dish is crap now with virgin media on fibre...was wondering does anyone now whats best dish conection or fibre plus a
    cable box under £200 if thats better
    Last edited by barry2012; 25-08-14 at 21:17.

Title
    Thanks
    I have had the basic technomate nano excellent box never had a problem changing for 2 reasons as in above post and with fibre getting a cable box
    dumps dish as with bad weather and gets you hd channels back 152mb into ur box . but would like the option of going back to dish if problems occur
    what boxs do that as am still learning

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Will the nano 2 super do everything a solo2 does or is there limitations to buying a cheaper box?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sticky7 View Post
    Will the nano 2 super do everything a solo2 does or is there limitations to buying a cheaper box?
    Nano 2 Super doesn't yet support transcoding & some long press buttons that the Solo2 uses for PiP.
    Shouldn't be an issue for most users & hopefully fixed in future drivers.
    It also doesn't have a VFD & the remote control doesn't have the same build feel & ease of use as the Solo2 (subjective)...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

pac2000 (03-09-14)