Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xtrend box stuck on boot up

Title
    Thanks
    I am on a wireless broadband they dont let us log in to it I can ask them to look at it

Just phoned the provider but all I got was to change wifi password, my box is on a tp link , I can see the data use total moving up every few seconds

It is only happening for the last few weeks , is there any way to stop it happening from the box
    Last edited by ddonlon; 17-02-18 at 16:32.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    What do you mean wireless Broadband? You still must have a router/hub at your property to access the net? Unless you mean you are pinching a neighbours internet via their Wifi password?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    no neighbours near me I'm out in the country, I'm on Imagine.ie wireless broadband ,its wireless to a mast and then they have a fibre cable , as soon as I plug the ethernet cable in ,it start sending data the last time .6 of a Gig in a few minutes I'm on a 20 Gig a day limit each day.

would a factory reset stop it

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    OK, its not that obvious from their WEB site(to me) how it works.
    So between your receiver and their mast, is there some hub located nearby? what does your receiver actually conenct with?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Is your receiver connected wirelessly? Do you have a softcam (something like Mgcamd?) which may have a flakey config file?

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Is your receiver connected wirelessly? Do you have a softcam (something like Mgcamd?) which may have a flakey config file?

I do have one running (mgcamd 1.38) checked the box last night left the cable connected and it diidnt use any data, checked it again this evening and 4.6 gig uploaded

Title
    Thanks
    you must have some form of router in your house that your box connects to, you say it is plugged in to a tplink, what type of tplink is it? I suspect that someone is accessing your box through the internet and is streaming from your box, hense the upload amount.

Looking at their website, you must have an LTE HUB somewhere in your home, this would be your "router" and this is where you would need to check for any open ports.
    Last edited by Ford1; 21-02-18 at 23:44.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford1 View Post
    you must have some form of router in your house that your box connects to, you say it is plugged in to a tplink, what type of tplink is it? I suspect that someone is accessing your box through the internet and is streaming from your box, hense the upload amount.

Looking at their website, you must have an LTE HUB somewhere in your home, this would be your "router" and this is where you would need to check for any open ports.
    It is the type below
    The problem I have is that I cannot log in to router , I used to have Vodafone and I could , Imagine dont let anyone do it.
    I can ask them on their helpdesk if there is a port open when i phone they can see what is going on.
    To night I watched Champions league on a DTT signal and while it was on 4 Gig was uploaded

http://www.currys.ie/Product/TP-LINK...lsrc=aw.dsthis

Title
    Thanks
    what are these tp links connected to? you must have access to YOUR hub, as they suggested YOU change the wifi password?

So I can only imagine you have a hub of some description in your property somewhere, as the LTE BROARDBAND supplied by your company is connecting to local exchange and then giving you broardband through your normal phoneline?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford1 View Post
    what are these tp links connected to? you must have access to YOUR hub, as they suggested YOU change the wifi password?

So I can only imagine you have a hub of some description in your property somewhere, as the LTE BROARDBAND supplied by your company is connecting to local exchange and then giving you broardband through your normal phoneline?
    Imagine have a portal that we connect to and can do limited stuff like change wifi ,look at bills we can log on anywhere to o this

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonlon View Post
    Imagine have a portal that we connect to and can do limited stuff like change wifi ,look at bills we can log on anywhere to o this
    You must have a router/hub in the system somewhere. The Imagine web site suggests your account must also include a phone service. What is your phone (or phone base station) connected to?
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonlon View Post
    You are not answering the only question of any reference, WHAT are the tp links connected to?
    also as ADM asks what is your phone connected to, after looking at he terms on imagine's web site, it clearly states they provide you with a router, this is where the problem will be. forget about any type of web portal, we need to know the physical hardware you have in use before anyone can help.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Menu > Information > Streaming clients info will tell you if anyone is accessing your box from the internet.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I have a similar setup with a different provider. There is no phone line involved - the router is connected to a 5.8GHz transceiver which is pointed at a base station on a nearby mountain. My provider gives me a shared IP address which makes it next to impossible to connect from the outside (I don't know imagine's policy on this). As ccs says check first for streaming clients. If there are none then disconnect the sat box from the router. If the uploading is still happening then it is something else on the network. A dodgy mgcamd config also springs to mind.
    Last edited by ronand; 22-02-18 at 14:07.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Ford1 (22-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Tp link on the box is connected to my router from Imagine , the ip address on the back brings up a log in page which I dont have a user name or password for.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2057669536 this website talks about what is happening
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast