Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: gcamd stopping on it's own

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

gcamd stopping on it's own

Having problems of late with the LX2 , mgcamd 135a would stop if I did some channel hopping , that was with the Hades 018, image so today updated to the Open Vix 3.2 and at first thought that the problem had resolved itself, however after a period of two hours or so I changed channels only to find that mgcamd stopped at the same time. Softcam Manager does not show that mgcamd has stopped and I have to press the yellow button to restart mgcamd which then restores the mgcamd. This problem is now very annoying and would appreciate some assistance.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    try changing to 1.38 for multi tuner boxes and see if your cam is ticked and auto restarts.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply cactikid , The LX2 has only one Sat tuner as the other is Terrestrial so doubt that it has a bearing on the problem, and I had originally run 1.38 until I updated to Hades 018 which was when the problem first manifested itself, following advice on the Forum I uninstalled 1.38 and installed 1.35a but for whatever reason the problem remains. however thanks for the comments.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    may be your mg+cfj files is setup wrong.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi thanks for the suggestion regarding the mg_cfg file, however I don't have a clue what to look for as the file looks the same as when it worked as far as I can see, I shall look for another just in case mine was corrupted during one of the recent updates and post back with the results.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    there a post on here somewhere that I think Abu put up, match it to yours. I'll see if I can find

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

roybach (30-08-15)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    use this mg_cfg file..
    Attached Files Attached Files

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

roybach (30-08-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Update - Downloaded Mr Mister cfg_rar File and replaced the existing file , running the installed mgcamd 1.35a the problem remained , changed to mgcamd 1.38 and the problem has resolved itself. Non the wiser as to why it had gone t**s up other than guessing that something got corrupted somewhere updating to Hades 018. Now running the latest Open Vix 3.2 and I'm a happy bunny once more . thanks to all posters for your input