Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How can I transfer .ts recording to exterbal USB NTFS drive

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    May be something I'm doing but when I try to get something from either of those links all I can get is an empty folder (which Google insists on zipping before downloading....).

And note that I did say to warp such links in a CODE block - there's a forum rules about links to non-forum locations (so I've done it for you).
    I have never used google drive before, I was asked to upload the file to google or drop box which I have never used before. I uploaded a zip file so assumed it would be easier ?
    I appreciate you have some work on the link,(not sure what is ment by warp code etc). However do the files work and have you had the chance to analyse it ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1X View Post
    I have never used google drive before, I was asked to upload the file to google or drop box which I have never used before. I uploaded a zip file so assumed it would be easier ?
    A movie file is already compressed, so zipping it won't have much effect on its size.
    I appreciate you have some work on the link,(not sure what is ment by warp code etc). However do the files work and have you had the chance to analyse it ?
    That "warp" should have been "wrap". If you add a link to a post, highlight the link then press the "#" icon in the buttons at the top.
    As for the file -there isn't one. All that I can find is an empty directory. Perhaps you shared the wrong bit?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    A movie file is already compressed, so zipping it won't have much effect on its size.
    That "warp" should have been "wrap". If you add a link to a post, highlight the link then press the "#" icon in the buttons at the top.
    As for the file -there isn't one. All that I can find is an empty directory. Perhaps you shared the wrong bit?
    Should be able to access no but only gives u download option ?

I have noted my settings below just incase that is effecting my HD recordings:

AV settings:

auto resolution - all
    force de interlace - no
    auto resolution label - 5 secs
    show 480/576 24 fps as - 108-p 24hz
    show 720p 24fps as 1080p 24 hz
    show 1080p as 1080p 24hz
    show1080p 25fps as- 1080p25hz
    show 1080p 30fps as- 1080p 30hz
    show 2160p 25fps as - 2160p 25hz
    show 2160p 30fps as - 2160p 30hz
    dealy time 500
    display 4:3 content as just scale
    display 16.9 contect as just scle
    dobly digital /dts dowmix - no
    general AC3 delay 0
    general PCM delay 0

recording and playback settings:

default movie location - /media /hss/movie
    instant recording location - /media /hss/movie
    recordings always have priority - yes
    margin before recording 3 mins
    margin after recording 5 mins
    composition of the recording filenames - event name first
    offline decode delay= 1000m/s
    default recording type - normal
    Last edited by ALIEN1X; 26-08-16 at 22:46. Reason: TYPO

Title
    Thanks
    Should be able to access no but only gives u download option ?
    The only thing I can find is an empty directory. There is no file there.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    I have noted my settings below just incase that is effecting my HD recordings:
    No, those only affect playback.
    Recording effectively just dumps the received broadcast stream to a file. It is what it is.

Title
    Thanks
    The only thing I can find is an empty directory. There is no file there.
    I will have to figure out what is going on with that sample link

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks - With bit of trial and error I have managed to do it from the box with out FTP software etc. I enabled samba and FTP on the box then went down to plugins and used option to scan media.

I then selected media and had the option to move and select my NTFS USB drive to transfer to.
    Just to let you know I have also now managed to get access to the file structure in the Linux box from windows pc. I conected the receiver directly t the rooter which my pc is connected too and got access to files (crash log files in this case) with out FTP client, hope I that's correct?

Title
    Thanks
    Exactly how are you connecting?
    If you are using windows, you should be able to goto "my computer" then in "network" should be listed your receiver, if you select this you should then see, "Hard Disk" and "root" if you select "hard disk" you should then see a folder "Movie", all your recordings are here and can be accessed, played, copied directly from your receiver to your pc.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford1 View Post
    Exactly how are you connecting?
    If you are using windows, you should be able to goto "my computer" then in "network" should be listed your receiver, if you select this you should then see, "Hard Disk" and "root" if you select "hard disk" you should then see a folder "Movie", all your recordings are here and can be accessed, played, copied directly from your receiver to your pc.
    That's correct its what I did

Title
    Thanks
    Any chance you could upload one of them to Dropbox or GoogleDrive (....) so that other can have a look at the actual *.ts file?

Sorry - my confusion.
    I just browsed past posts mentioning filezilla, and that you couldn't find the ntfs-3g package, so presumed you weren't using an ntfs drive directly.
    I think I have fixed the issue, only time will tell. Th problems occur when playing them in in other devices and there hardware/software settings. I frst had this problem when playing them on my android box via Kodi. When using Kodi you need to select under videos settings the following:
    select =Allow hardware acceleration amcodec
    de-select - allow hardware acceleration- Mediacodec (surface)
    de -select - allow hardware acceleration - Meidacodec

So far the HD .TS recordings from my ET8500 works on my media player.
    As for my laptop with Vlc I'm sure it has to be similar settings.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123