Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EPG on ET8500 using Openvix- oversized page for tv

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Of the many logs you have uploaded, there is only one crash log. That refers to a plugin called picon updater. Nobody mentioned anything to you about using the picon updater plugin.
    Here is the excerpt of the crashlog
    Code:
    <   705.983> Traceback (most recent call last):
    <   705.983>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 214, in processDelay
    <   705.983>     self.current_dialog.doClose()
    <   705.983>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Screen.py", line 116, in doClose
    <   705.984>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/PiconsUpdater/PiconsUpdaterView.py", line 376, in clean
    <   705.984> AttributeError: 'ConfigText' object has no attribute 'clearNotifiers'
    <   705.984> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method Session.processDelay of <__main__.Session instance at 0x72663738>>,()) failed)
    I have not looked at all the 19 DEBUG logs. The 20:38 one shows you installing the picon.xyz and then enigma2-plugin-picons-snp-full.100x60-86x46.dark.on.blue
    However, you already had a picon folder on the receiver

Not sure why you kept pressing the power button so many times. It needs to download and expand 10MB of files, let it do it's stuff.

There was this at the end of the log
    Code:
    <189156.113> [InputHotplug] connectionLost? [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost'>: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
    When you start using these receivers, it is a huge learning curve. It does not help you when you are advised to do one thing and you do another. Nor when you have done something but do not mention what you have done. You are doing well, you will get there.

I would suggest you flash your image again.
    During the setup process, adjust the GUI size (what this thread started off as)
    Set your tuners to Crystal Palace. Do not Scan!. Run AutoBouquetsMaker selecting Freeview, Area = Crystal Palace.
    Menu Setup > Service searching > AutoBouquetsMaker

Then repeat the instructions in post 17. Please do not do anything to do with plugins that is picon related until afterwards/you need to.
    ok I have reflashed, and set the tuners with out scan.

It is now saying please wait for quite a while....

Do I still need to do the following:
    1. Installl Ocram Picon feeds.
    Menu > Plugins > Green (download plugins) > Scroll down to feeds and expand > select picons.xyz > Confirm installation.

Exit the plugin menu completely and return to TV mode.

2. Install picons
    Menu > Plugins > Green (download plugins) > Scroll down to picons and expand > Scroll to your chosen one (here it is dark on blue, use SNP verion)

Confirm installation

Select the location you want. You will only be offered location that are in linux file system. Internal flash memory is fastest location.

Restart receiver.
    Last edited by ALIEN1X; 27-08-16 at 17:44. Reason: typo

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Yes. How else will the picons be installed?

You did not confirm nor reject the step about AutoBouquetsMaker

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Yes. How else will the picons be installed?

You did not confirm nor reject the step about AutoBouquetsMaker
    ok got it to work, to be honest after the tuner setup I did confirm AutoBouquetsMaker but TV still said please wait for hours so ended up doing a manual scan.
    Then installed Picons as post 17 and got it working although in n add hoc fassion...lol

Title
    Thanks
    I'm now having problems again of menus and picture being oversized and not sure what caused it.
    If I watch HD channels on the ET 8500 its ok, the problem occurs when I watch SD channels, picture and menus appear to go off the screen slightly and not fit?
    My Tv Samsung tv settings is set to picture soze 16.9 and fit to screen - on, auto wide - on,4.3 screen size set to 16.9t.
    Not sure what settings should be on ET8500 so picture and menus so not appear zoomed inn of not fit the screen, same problem with et8500 EPG.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123