Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

EPG Help

Flyingpig

New member
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello All,

I have en ET9000 cross epg - and I have been using the EPG but today it has gone a bit wrong. i.e. it had the grand prix and starting and finishing at a different time - yep you gussed it - by one hour.

How do I fix this problem?

Thanks.

FP.
 
change your units time setting...its end of british summer time
 
menu/system...scroll down to "TIME" and adjust it to Greenwich mean time
 
Yeah - it already is set to GMT.

When I press okay and get the full bar across the bottom of the screen it has on there all the info about the programme amd that says the correct programme time. But when I press left or right on the buttons and it goes to the EPG where you can scroll through that time is behind by one hour. The system time is correct as well..

Hmmm.... Currently I am unable to record anything from the EPG as it is giving incorrect times... Is anyone else having this problem?
 
I will check it out,

interesting problem
 
my setup seems correct as far as times / epg go,

I will ask a few others to look at this
 
correction,...my epg is an hour out as well

this has to be down to the "source" ie, rytec time settings are set to continental time, so for now, I would set your time to europe time,

the above does not work, back later
 
Last edited:
Experienced this with CrossEPG only, after deleting epg.dat and reloading with XMLTV-Importer everything seems fine
 
thanks, will test as well
 
Well by some form of luck and chance, it is now correct. I done 2 things and don't know which one could of corrected it.

First off, I changed the time setting to NTP instead of transponder. Then I also selected from the menu>system>EPG>Cross EPG> Open TV Providers, and it is all wotking now.
 
I went the other way round, and deleted the epg data, reloaded, and now correct
 
Well by some form of luck and chance, it is now correct. I done 2 things and don't know which one could of corrected it.

First off, I changed the time setting to NTP instead of transponder. Then I also selected from the menu>system>EPG>Cross EPG> Open TV Providers, and it is all wotking now.

strange as mine always worked and i changed nothing.
in Time menu, mine is set to , GMT, and sync time with transponder.
 
Well with it being Halloween - its all gone belly up...

The EPG has duplpicate entries in. I have 2 lots of Question of Sport on BBC1, one at 9.35 and the other at 10.35 the same happens across all the channels.

So how can I totally delete the EPG info and start from scratch? I logged in, and via FTP I deleted the folder >HDD>CROSSEPG, I also deleted the file names epg.dat in >HDD I restarted the machine and the EPG data was still there so I am guessing I have missed something.

Is there another file that I have missed. As when I done the above and pressed guide on the remote it was still populated with the duplicate entries.

I am sure it is something simple that I am missing, and as always your help is most greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

FP.
 
If you reboot, it should be gone. IIRC it loads it to flash at boot up.
 
go menu
setup
system
epg
select load/save
press "load"
then select XMLTV importer
select the required providers via sources
press ok
then hit the man button ( yellow )
and this should sort you
 
Still not working.....

I cannot get rid of it ----- Arrghhhhh!!!!!!
 
No matter what happens, the EPG.dat file is always there..... I have deleted it, then I restart and it magically re-appears.
 
try rebooting the unit, then follow my previous post
 
Believe or not - done a factory reset, and the issue is still there. What can cause it? It seems to dump a file called epg.dat into the HDD folder

If I cannot get it working will a re-flash do it?

Thanks.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top