Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VIX for DM8000?

  • Thread starter Thread starter niteman1969
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

niteman1969

Guest
Sorry just a quick question, I know we can multi-boot dm8000
images in our vuplus duo, can it be done the other way round?

Can I multiboot vix2.0 in the dm8000 via multiboot or barry allen?

Has anyone tried?

It's just that no dm8000 image comes close to vix in terms of how
well it all hangs together, so i'm hoping that theres some way to do
this on the dm8000.

Regards

Niteman1969
 
If enough people pester DM, perhaps they will assist VIX in porting the image across. If they can pay three people nearly £56000 EURO's for 3 plugins, than couple of DM8000 for the vix coding team wont be a bad investment, mind you with so many cheap alternative to the DM8000, would tempt me even with VIX on it.
 
one is a bbc1 player plugin

it was a big thing this compatition

but yeah as stan says i doubt it would hurt them to allow a few boxes

plus i bet they give to pli and teh ihad teams

oh and it wasnt cash it was cars totaling that value
 
Niteman1969 which image are you using at the moment on your DM8000?
I use PLi 2.0 and find it perfect and runs great.
 
Sic if do get them beta tester available here:D
 
It would be great if they did give you guys some receivers to play with....

Also the massively big user base, should make the vix image the team
to follow, as the image is much better than what is already out there.

But back to the original question, is it possible to multi-boot with meoboot
or barry allen on a dm8000?????
 
I hav,nt got the 8000, but do have the 800, and yes, barry allen works well, so would assume that the 8000 would be able to use barryallen as well

baz
 
I hav,nt got the 8000, but do have the 800, and yes, barry allen works well, so would assume that the 8000 would be able to use barryallen as well

baz

Is that using the vix image for the duo on the box? As I believe that is what the OP is trying to do...
 
Is that using the vix image for the duo on the box? As I believe that is what the OP is trying to do...

opps, hav,nt read the thread fully

but I can soon find out

I will give the vix a try via barryallen now
 
Nope, it does,nt work

I used the VIX solo nfi image, I get the start screen, and the the 800 hangs, but worth a try

baz
 
also, I would advise against trying this folks, its trashed my barry allen set up, its easy to fix, but not a good idea to try this
 
Thanks for trying mate, it's a damn shame as the vix image is so much better than any image
that I have currently got on my dm8000. Oh well at least I don't have to waste time trying to
install barryallen or meoboot.
 
Thanks for trying mate, it's a damn shame as the vix image is so much better than any image
that I have currently got on my dm8000.
Oh well at least I don't have to waste time trying to
install barryallen or meoboot.

What images have you tried?
 
on my db800,..I am using the nemisis ( latest ) there should be a 8000 variant, and I think this image is really good, and stable, with a few optional extra,s

baz
 
I`ve just test it on the dreambox 8000 with barry allen 5.2.3 and all is running well, except of the box display.
 
what test??

nemisis image??

baz
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top