Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4K] IPTV EPG (5002) In channel selection screen

dsayers

ViX Beta Tester
Joined
Mar 19, 2016
Messages
1,871
Reaction score
20
Points
38
Hi im not sure where to put this thread but I thought iamge support would be best.

I have EPG with service ref 5002 and this works fine in EPG but not channel selection screen (pressing TV button)

I have done a bit of digging and seen some of the chat on other forums and see this should be fixed for EPG but channel selection is blank see screen shots.

IPTV EPG Screen.webp

Channel selection screen..webp

This works fine on OpenATV but not for VIX, Im not sure if this commit fixed it for OpenATV https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/...e9c30e0#diff-08e0c09531e8c0a7cb3569cc86cbc5a5

OpenVIX has the epgcache.cpp changes but not the lib/Makefile.am changes by adding include dvb/lowlevel/Makefile.inc.

I could be wrong but I thought I would mention it in case it is, if not would anyone have any ideas what could be done to include IPTV service ref to channel selection screen?

p,s Im not sure if debug logs would help if it does please advise to what steps I would need to do after enabling debug logs ie go into channel selection.
 
Last edited:
I already have serviceapp on OpenVIX. How would you manually add to makefile or does it need adding on building of the image?
 
.... Doesn't @rimas mean replace serviceapp with the one he's attached?
 
just added this change

must of been missed somewhere else.
 
I'll give it a try but I wouldn't think serviceapp would modify Openvix files?
It's serviceapp, that gets modified. You can wait for ViX update or try the attached file.
 
It's serviceapp, that gets modified. You can wait for ViX update or try the attached file.

Thanks would you happen to have an ARM version? Current version installed is 0.5+git106 from feeds.
 
will this modified ipk work on my ultimo 4k or do I need the arm version?
 
will this modified ipk work on my ultimo 4k or do I need the arm version?

You'll need arm version aswel. I'm not sure if we can extract IPK and manually transfer files.
 
As posted by WanWizard on PLi forum

The service type determines what processes the service.
1 means processed by the SoC,
4097 by gstreamer via servicemp3,
5001 by gestreamer via gst-player and
5002 via extplayer3.



So 1 isn't related to sattelite channels perse, if you have a stable TS stream, or any other stream format the SoC has a decoder for, it can be played by service type 1 as well, as long as there is no buffering required (the SoC needs a realtime data flow).
 
What is epg 5002 please? I have epg shown in channel selection using iptv

It's just what I've been recommended to use and using serviceapp with extplayer3. If yours is fine probably best leaving it as it is.
 
Anyone tested this file, does it fix epg issue
 
Last edited:
Anyone tested this file, does it fix epg issue

What file? For the makefile yes it should do but we only will know when new images are released with the fix unless one of the beta testers can confirm.

If you mean serviceapp IPK I can't test as I have an ARM box, have you tried It?
 
What file? For the makefile yes it should do but we only will know when new images are released with the fix unless one of the beta testers can confirm.

If you mean serviceapp IPK I can't test as I have an ARM box, have you tried It?
Sorry I meant the ipk file, I'm not sure how to remove the old file to test it. I will have a look on net to see how it's done and try file then

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
 
Sorry I meant the ipk file, I'm not sure how to remove the old file to test it. I will have a look on net to see how it's done and try file then

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
file won't install for me

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
file won't install for me

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

It's from my ViX 5.2 home-build. You can't install it even for mipsel box with ViX 5.1. Sorry for posting it. But it works.
You have to wait for ViX update.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top