Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

vu+ ultimo recording problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter tool37
  • Start date Start date
T

tool37

Guest
hi, I have just installed a VU+ hybrid dual twin dvb-c/t/t2 tuner, I still have 2 dvb-s tuners fitted but they are not configured, so the hybrid cable tuners are C and D, the problem I have is when I record on tuner C, tuner D is not kicking in to carry non watching anything else, I know I never had a problem with the sat side but I'm thinking is it because there are 2 dvb-s tuners and only 1 dual cable tuner, I am running openvix 5.0.014 on my vu+ ultimo with a terabyte hdd, cccam 2.3.0, any ideas
 
This is the same issue as Duo2 users with twin tuner modules.

Online update to 5.0 014 > problem
Flash and restore settings/plugins > OK

Please create a settings backup. Flash latest image using Image manager, restore settings after flashing. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.
 
thanks for the help, I'm going to do it know, be back in a minute.
 
I keep getting a ofgwrite error, when restoring image with image manager, I downloaded image, put it in /media/hdd/imagebackups, is this correct?
 
Shoot. Yes, that is the correct location. (INFO: You can use Image Manager to download too)

If you have made a settings backup, install 014 by USB flash drive.
 
downloaded img with image manager, installed/ just waiting for reboot
 
While you are waiting for the Ultimo workaround to be part of the image, you may have some success with the temporary fix I used on my Duo2.

I've put the following into a file /etc/enigma2/startup.sh

Code:
#!/bin/sh  

# Set Vu+ inputs for tuners C & D
echo -n C > /proc/stb/tsmux/input2
echo -n D > /proc/stb/tsmux/input3

exit 0

This appears to work (ie I can re-boot and the tuners continue to work).
I've also altered the settings backup to include this file... this should mean that I can update with settings restore.
However, if I do a reflash without settings restore, then I'll have to set this up again.

Let us know if this fixes your problem:)
 
Last edited:
thanks for the input, generated file in location, rebooted, still have problem, I'm going to have to wait for the work around, thanks
 
I'm having this problem with a dual DVB-s tunerblock. That is, up to version 013 of the Vix-image it is all good, but from version 014 only one of the ports give picture, even if the signal in is OK. I tried the script over here, but it didn't help.

Will there be any fix for this, or are we stuck on version 013? Anyone..? What went wrong between 013 and 014?
 
I'm having this problem with a dual DVB-s tunerblock. That is, up to version 013 of the Vix-image it is all good, but from version 014 only one of the ports give picture, even if the signal in is OK. I tried the script over here, but it didn't help.

Will there be any fix for this, or are we stuck on version 013? Anyone..? What went wrong between 013 and 014?

If it's a driver related issue then maybe no fix will be forthcoming as the Vu+ Ultimo is an old receiver by todays standards. Only Vu+ will know. You are best emailing them with regards your issue and see what comes of it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thank you very, very much! I have my USB ready and waiting! :)
 
The workaround has been added for the Ultimo. When 5.0 026 comes out, do not update! Flash and restore settings/plugins instead. Otherwise the script won't kick in.

Update = Menu > Setup > Software update

Flash/Install = Use USB or Image manager to install different image.

Guide to flashing/restore
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47588-Flashing-Settings-backup-and-Restores/

Sorry for bringing this old thread to live again, but now I'm back to this old problem. Somewhere along the road the workaround stopped working, as I now cant get any picture (or recording) on tuner D. Only C is working. Any idea what can be done..?
 
If there's a tutorial somewhere, I would be glad to add the necessary modification myself, whenever needed. This worked fine through 5.0.029, but on the newest image (5.1.022) it is not working. Only tuner C working.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top