birdman
Moderator
Then it's not enigma2 that is holding on to the space. It's some other process.I have just restarted the GUI, it makes no difference to the lost hdd space.
Then it's not enigma2 that is holding on to the space. It's some other process.I have just restarted the GUI, it makes no difference to the lost hdd space.
Imagine you get up in the morning, look in the fridge and see that you have 2 pints of milk.Still don't get the issue? or the paranoia about HDD space being used up?
What does the telnet command df -T produce?
There is still the possibility that the hdd is faulty, looking thru' earlier posts.
At the OP can you please try OpenPLi and report back.
Then it's not enigma2 that is holding on to the space. It's some other process.
has any concurrent mass hdd failure producing the same free space loss phenomenon ever been observed?
Fyi another user on OpenATV 6 is suffering the same problem, please see:
http://www.techkings.org/threads/is...he-right-one-for-me.119032/page-3#post-681909
and
http://www.techkings.org/threads/is...he-right-one-for-me.119032/page-3#post-682295
Also doesn't a GUI restart having no effect on the missing space, hence
precludes it has to do with OpenVix/OpenAtv or OpenPli?
Cheers!
On the 2 threads running at the moment, I counted 4 posters with problems, still unlikely I know, but it looks like OS mega is the common denominator.
I don't see what zgemma's have to do with sorting out this issue.
![]()
Can you try Openpli please and report back.
This is NOT a hardware issue, looks like a software issue bought in with the latest linux kernel. I've been testing this on various receivers, all report more HDD space used than actual recording size. Some more than others, after reboot HDD space is reported back correctly.
Seems to be more apparent on latest kernels. Mega is using 4.10 kernel. I'm reporting to Edision.
http://www.techkings.org/threads/is-the-edision-os-mega-the-right-one-for-me.119032/page-4#post-683286
Hi Sicilian just in case it helps speeding up the bug hunt, it seems two other users, who have older machines, but using the same 4.10 kernel, are not experiencing the problem.
Please see http://www.techkings.org/threads/is...he-right-one-for-me.119032/page-4#post-683286
On the other hand, their machines appear to be older. Willo got his on 23 December (he posted the fact), and maxal indicated he got his on 20 January.
Doesn't it suggests that the kernel is unlikely to be the issue, while the hardware or associated firmware is?
I just wonder if you have an older machine, back for repairs e.g., that you could test?
Cheers!
A fix for this issue is in the process of being tested. Cause has been found. Will be in next release build.