Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo SE] power button not working in tvguide and inforbar2

  • Thread starter Thread starter canned
  • Start date Start date
C

canned

Guest
Hi all,

First off i would like to say how much i enjoy openvix, really first rate.

I ran into a bug, in the tv/guide EPG screen the power button doesn't work to change the decoder into standby as well as when inforbar2 is active. HDMI-CEC standby doesn;t work for those two screens either so when i turn off my TV the STB remains on. Has anybody else encountered this? Anybody know of a fix?

just and FYI, I tried it in openPLI and it works properly but I very much prefer openVix.

thanks.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
nobody else having the same issue? I checked the keymap.xml and the power button is mapped to global actions, it works everywhere else except those two screens. i also tried putting the power button mappings in ChannelSelectBaseActions and other sections but no joy.

btw, i have a solo se v2 in case that makes a difference
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I tried several different skins and that doesn't make a difference either. anyways, steps to reproduce (build number is 4.2.029):
1. press up (or down) to open the TV guide
2. press power button
3. nothing happens, what should normally happen is the STB should go into sleep.

or another scenario with hdmi-cec enabled allowing the TV to sleep the STB

1. press up (or down) to open the TV guide
2. press TV remote power button
3. TV turns off but the STB stays awake.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I can sort-of confirm this.

It doesn't seem to be EPG-specific, but also applies to any menu (basically when any overlay is on the screen).

I have LongPower set to bring up the Power/Restart menu. That does work. Indeed, that menu comes up very quickly when I press Power.
 
strange, in my case it's only the EPG screens (the main one and the expanded infobar one). power button on all other overlays seem ok.
 
same here on duo2 with 028 image.When EPG guide open power button not working.
 
i don't recall it ever working but it would be really nice if it was fixed. as I mentioned earlier (just in case it helps finding the problem) it works as expected in openPLI however I prefer openVix.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask why would you want to go into standby while in the TV Guide and EPG mode? I'm scratching my head tbh....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Can I ask why would you want to go into standby while in the TV Guide and EPG mode? I'm scratching my head tbh....
Just what I was thinking - you beat me to it.
 
Possibly, if menu is showing on box, pressing power button on TV remote will shut TV off, but not STB.
 
I'm still baffled why you would want to switch your STB off while in the TV Guide or EPG Guide etc. Can someone explain why?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
power button not working in tvguide and info

if you have set the info bar to show, program ends, pop up comes up automatically on STB.

Switch TV off, both should shut down. They won't.

Check EPG, nothing worth watching. switch TV off, STB will remain on.

Pointless having to press Exit then switch off when other images allow you to switch off.
 
Last edited:
if you have set the info bar to show, program ends, pop up comes up automatically on STB.

Switch TV off, both should shut down. They won't.

Check EPG, nothing worth watching. switch TV off, STB will remain on.

Pointless having to press Exit then switch off when other images allow you to switch off.

exactly...
plus from a usability point of view there shouldn't have to be a special way of turning off the STB in a view which should be non-blocking. for instance, not being able to turn off the STB when somebody is upgrading the STB makes sense ...but while just viewing channel information it doesn't and can be a bit confusing.. it would be like my bluray player not turning off when i turn off my TV because I happen to be in the video menu or something.. anyways :)
 
I still don't get it. An example is you have 5 windows open on a pc (programs running), to shutdown the pc you have to close the windows. So IMO just the same.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
nope, the windows are closed for you... unless you're doing something which requires you to save for instance. plus in the case you describe, on openvix, anytime a menu is open, for instance the setup menu, you would need to press exit before shutting down the STB, which is not the case.

a more apt comparison would be you needing to close the windows start menu before you're allowed to shutdown your PC. if you needed to do that there would be riots in the streets. ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top