Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu+ Turbo Problem

micscave

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Mar 27, 2010
Messages
379
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Location
Staffordshire
So I've had the Turbo cable tuner working in my Ultimo for about 4 weeks now with no problems.
Then yesterday it stopped showing up in the tuner configuration menu, this is after updating to openvix-4.1.016. I don't think this is anything to do with it however, just a coincidence.

I've uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled which has made no difference.

I've reflashed the box with no backup to an earlier build and tried to reinstall the Turbo but it's still not showing up.

The strange thing is I can get it to show up on my Vu+ Solo 2. I've not tried it to see if it works as its only used upstairs as a client box running RCSC & I haven't got a cable feed up there.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong?
 
If there has been no change in support for the turbo it can only be a usb problem, maybe the connection is worn either on the port or the cable.
 
Thanks for the reply.
I've tried all 3 USB ports, makes no difference. Also tried a terrestrial USB tuner in the ports and it runs fine.

Strange problem!
 
Bit of an update on this.

I flashed openvix-3.2.037 & installed the drivers, reboot and the tuner appears.

Then I flashed openvix-4.1.001 & installed the drivers, reboot and the tuner doesn't show up.

These were all fresh USB flashes with no settings back up.

I've changed my mind regarding it having nothing to do with the update to openvix-4.1.016, I now believe it has. I've tried a few of the 4.1 builds and the tuner won't appear on any.
When you install the driver now on the 4.1 builds it's as if it doesn't install properly, the sequence looks different to when installed on 3.2.037.

Could the VIX team have a look into this issue please?

Regards
 
I've just noticed the driver from openvix-3.2.037 is dvb-USB-turbo (1.0-r2).

From openvix-4.1.016 it's dvb-usb-turbo (1.0-r3). Is this the problem& can I get the earlier driver from somewhere?

Regards
 
I am using the latest driver and upto date on Vix builds and I have no issues with the tuner.
 
Hi duoduo

This is driving me mad now.

I can get it working on my Solo2 with latest drivers and openvix build but not on my Ultimo.

All was well until I upgraded to openvix-4.1.016. I can only assume the drive changed from 1.0-r2 to 1.0-r3 with this build or something has gone wrong with the Ultimo driver.
 
Is it possible to revert to the older driver for the Ultimo as this one doesn't work?
 
this looks to be kernel specific i think. ultimo uses a different kernel to solo2, duo2, solo4k etc.
there was a recent change to the drivers recipes.

can you go in telnet and type

opkg remove enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo

when its done

type:-
opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo

please paste the output in here
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi rossi2000
thanks for taking the time to look at this for me I really appreciate it.

Please see below.

Installing enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo (1.0-r3) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/open...2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo_1.0-r3_all.ipk.
enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-cypress-firmware
Configuring enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo.
root@vuultimo:~# Installing enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo (1.0-r3) on roo
t.
-sh: syntax error: unexpected "("
root@vuultimo:~# Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/4.1/
vuultimo/all/enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo_1.0-r3_all.ipk.
-sh: Downloading: not found
root@vuultimo:~# enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo: unsatisfied recommendatio
n for kernel-module-cypress-firmware
-sh: enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo:: not found
root@vuultimo:~# Configuring enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo.
-sh: Configuring: not found
 
Contents of control file if it helps

Code:
Package: enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo
Version: 1.0-r3
Description: USB DVB driver for Vuplus Tuner Turbo
 USB DVB driver for Vuplus Tuner Turbo.
Section: base
Priority: optional
Maintainer: OE-Core Developers <[email protected]>
License: GPLv2+
Architecture: all
OE: enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo
Recommends: vuplus-tuner-turbo, kernel-module-dvb-usb, kernel-module-cypress-firmware, kernel-module-dvb-usb-v2
Source: None
 
yes give us some time, there are multiple things going on at the moment.
 
Same thing happening here (on vu+ duo), if you need anything uploaded let me know, cheers.
 
Last edited:
I had the same problem after upgrading to 4.1.016. Tried to remove the -r3 driver and adding it again, no luck.
Good to see im not the only one, no need to panic just yet.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Is there going to be a solution to this problem as we're nearly six weeks down the line without being able to use cable?

Is there any way to use the old driver?

Regards
 
Hi Guys,

I too am having the same problem on a VU uno, Tried on latest firmware and 3.2.037, no joy with either, cannot see the tuner when in service searching,

Will VIX be able to resolve this issue for the older boxes?
 
Still not fixed with new image 4.2.001 on my duo. Exact same fault, when try to install new driver screen flashes and does not install or installs faulty as tuner is still not seen. Been a while now without cable tv, can anyone give an update or a temporary fix as issue is affecting several members. Cheers Ged.
 
If possible can whoever is in charge of feeds put the old driver (r2) back available for download?
 
Is there going to be a resolution to this problem please? I only got about a month of use from this tuner before this problem occurred & it's been nearly 2 months without cable now.

Regards
micscave
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top