Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

How to setup CrossEPG for sky uk with ViX 3.0.

Larry-G

V.I.P ,
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
32,540
Reaction score
405
Points
0
Age
48
This tutorial shows how to easily and quickly setup a working 7 day EPG for sky uk using the ViX image, This is the exact method that i my self use and it rarely if ever gives me any problems.
 
Thank you for the link and advise. I will give it a go shortly and let you know how I get on.



Adrian
 
Thanks for post. Followed all the steps to the letter on a VU+Duo and I can't get it to work. The VU+Duo has latest 750 image and virtually no extras loaded.

I spent so much time on this already I will probably give up and switch to XMLTV.

Any suggestions on how to get CRoss EPG to work every time?
 
What Cross EPG sources are you selecting? & what happens when you press blue -> CrossEPG downloader?
 
Thanks for helping. I have selected only one source - Sky Astra2 28.2 under the OpenTV providers tab.

When I press blue -> CrossEPG downloader it sometimes does a full download. It completes the process to the end with all channels updated correctly. Occasionally it won't work at all, it just hangs. But what I really want is a reliable overnight download, and this I find fails with CrossEPG more often than it works.

Reading elsewhere I understand that the VU+Duo is resource hungry and that a swap file might help. But I am having problems setting up the swap file - that problem really ought to go in a separate thread as this is a generic thread on CrossEPG.
 
great guide im having a bit of trouble though. I have a vu+ duo usb in the formatted to fat 32 but when I go into the settings to change the internal flash to usb I only get internal flash or /media/hdd/. has anyone got an idea where I might of missed something or is /media/hdd/ the same as /media/usb/
 
The HDD is a perfect place to save the EPG to so i'd just use that rather than the USB.
 
that's great epg all sorted then ive got a 1TB external hard drive in the back usb that i am going to use for recordings so it will all get saved there. thanks for your help
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top