Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: AutoBouquetMaker released by ViX!

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Issue is not that it is not swapping, but it is swapping what does not need swapping. Hopefully this is right, by default 103 is the HD channel for NI. If you swap you will get the SD version. For the time being edit the skyie.xml file, delete the line that says <channel number="178" with="103" /> so that it reads the following in that section. I have also attached it.

<channel number="141" with="101" />
    <channel number="142" with="102" />
    <channel number="230" with="104" />
    <channel number="171" with="105" />

178 will get you UTV SD, 103 will get you UTV HD

Lraizer's plugin has this anomally too. Users of that plugin can edit their custom_swap file and make a similar edit.

Not sure what 178 is meant to be for the Republic of Ireland. If it is nothing then the skyie attachment can be commited to the build. I have taken the liberty to remove the flters that are not applicable to this provider. I am also attaching the Sky UK one which has the filters in an ordered sequence should Andy feel it is appropriate.
    cheers mate, i'll commit.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

2. The Following User Says Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

sigpark (19-11-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thank you abu baniaz and andyblac. I believe I understand.

What I may not understand is that there are other Northern Ireland dependencies - BBC 1 NI HD + BBC 2 NI HD and other HD channles, but I think you are saying that once the "primary" skyie channel line up is the "HD" channels as default in skyie bouquet, then there is no need to "swap" in ABM?

It's just that I remember up until a little while ago that if "swap" was not selected, the the SD channles were at 101 and 102 in ABM.

Sorry - can't test right now but will provide feed back tomorrow.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi abu baniaz and andyblac - I have tested this and can confirm all working correctly, and the change was needed for the Northern Ireland HD bouquet:

With "Swap Channels" = YES - the channels 101 - 105 are HD as expected with ABM
    With "Swap Channels" = NO - Only Channel 101 and 103 are HD. Channels 102 / 104 and 105 remain the SD varients for the NI HD ABM selection.

Thanks!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Auto Bouquet Maker Northern Ireland HD Bouquet

I sincerely apologise that my earlier report today was slightly wrong, I guess I had a little screen blindness - please see attached images and info on channel 101 HD for the Northern Ireland HD Bouquet. I am virtually positive before the change above that the only none HD channel in the ABM NI line-up with SWAP = Yes was UTV 103.

With "Swap Channels" = YES - the channels 102 - 105 are HD as expected with ABM BUT 101 - BBC1 is only SD now!

ABM - SWAP = YES.jpg

With "Swap Channels" = NO - Only Channel 101 and 103 are HD - BBC1 & UTV. Channels 102 / 104 and 105 remain the SD varients for the NI HD ABM selection.

ABM - SWAP = NO.jpg

Thank you!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Some further info........

I image restored my VU+ Solo 2 to build 3.0.782 - Please note ABM is set to "SWAP" = Yes, and only 103 is not HD - this is before ViX code changes noted as released above

BBC 1 NI HD-19112013-2131.jpg

Next I ran the ABM scan (with "Swap" = Yes) and I got the following - NOTE still build 3.0.782 and in this case 101 and 103 are now not HD

BBC 1 NI-19112013-2133.jpg

Finally I updated to the latest build 3.0.790 - please refer to my previous post for the screenshot but channel 103 is indeed now UTV HD, but BBC1 has reverted to SD!

The changes from 3.0.782 -> 3.0.790 have caused a mix up in ABM for NI HD I think?

ADDITIONALLY (and I will open a new thread withe the info below) please also note my screen-shots no longer capture the TV picture - see the previous post where picture is "fuzz" (I did a back-up resotore to 3.0.786 from 3.0.790 and same problem). I have tried screen-grapbber and shoot your screen; as well as applying various resolution format and image type settings.

I saw the post re "auto resolution" - my unit is set to 50p, but I note with ViX images later than 3.0.782 that the format of the screen-shot image is stretched differently.

To summaries - I did an image restore to 3.0.782 - screen-shots work. WITHOUT changing any settings I have done an "auto update" to 3.0.790; screen-shots now have fuzz for TV pictute in full or window, and the format (stretch) of the image has changed.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Screenshots should be fixed in next build, its a 790 issue & been found.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks judge - good news!

Re my post above and the earlier one from abu baniaz, it looks like the line:

<channel number="141" with="101" />

...has been added to skyie.xml when the UTV swap line was removed?

I have deleted this line in skyie.xml contained in folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

and tested. 101 -> 105 are now correct for NI HD!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sigpark For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (20-11-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Additionally I have noticed that the order (channels on top) of the HD Channel Bouquet listing is incorrect for Sky HD NI in skyie.xml.

There is a section above the "swapchannels" section that deals with the HD "Channels on Top" in the XML file. AS BBC NI HD and UTV HD are now listed in 101 and 103 respectively, they appear after BBC 2 / Channel 4 / Channel 5 in the HD bouquet! I have adjusted and tested the following (perhaps the lines for 101 and 103 are not needed for channelsontop), and NI HD bouquet seems to be correct now:

<!-- channelsontop affect only HD bouquets -->
    <channelsontop>
    <channel number="101" />
    <channel number="142" />
    <channel number="103" />
    <channel number="230" />
    <channel number="171" />
    </channelsontop>
    <!-- swapchannels affect only main bouquet (the normal version) -->
    <swapchannels>
    <filter bouquet="0x1008" region="0x21" />
    <filter bouquet="0x1008" region="0x32" />
    <channel number="142" with="102" />
    <channel number="230" with="104" />
    <channel number="171" with="105" />
    </swapchannels>

I have amended the skyie.xml release in version 3.0.792 today and attached. Perhaps @abu baniaz can confirm as expert?
    Attached Files Attached Files

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sigpark For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (23-11-13),andyblac (17-12-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,187 Times in 6,260 Posts
    The change with UTV HD has nothing to do with the image, it is to do with the broadcaster. They have recently started to broadcast 103 in HD. You can refer to the Sky website and it will show you what the official listing is for the region you select.

Maybe I did not explain well enough previously, with the exception of Northern Ireland HD (now), all HD regions have 101- 105 as the SD one. This is why they have to be swapped.

For NI, 101,102,104 and 105 still need to be swapped. The contents that you have posted are not what I posted. (Your one is missing 101. 101 has always been there and needs to be there otherwise you will get the SD version of BBC 1). Please use the file I uploaded. It is now in the latest images. People won't have to keep editing the file.

I can't comment as to the section for channels on top, but when I tested it was there and everything worked fine.

Title
    Thanks
    @Sigpark, apologies if my comments sound a bit harsh.

They have made BBC1 HD by default now. I'm sure it wasn't a couple of days ago. Your file works fine. and part of my commenst above are incorrect. I'm sure that BBC2 will be HD in a few days.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

sigpark (24-11-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @abu baniaz - thanks, It is as you say.

I confirm that BBC 1 NI is HD - can't remember when that happened, and that BBC 2 / Channel 4 and Channel 5 remain SD in the standard NI bouquet. It would be good to get the skyie.xml corrected for the "swap" and the HD order.

Without the "channels on top" section change, the order of HD channels in the listing is incorrect, starting with BBC 2 HD, Channel 4 HD, Channel 5 HD and then BBC1 HD and UTV HD. I have replaced the skyie.xml in the latest image 3.0.793 attached a screenshot using the xml file above showing all OK with "All Channel" listing, then "HD Channel" listing.

BBC 1 NI HD-24112013-1424.jpg BBC 1 NI HD-24112013-1442.jpg

If possible it would be good to get this fixed in an up-coming release. @abu baniaz - as you say, when BBC2 goes HD, we will need a further adjustment. Thanks again
    Last edited by sigpark; 24-11-13 at 15:12.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Bump - please!

@andyblac and @phoenix - please see @abu baniaz comments above who confirms the skyie.xml I posted with slight tweaks is needed for SKY Northern Ireland HD Bouquet now that BBC 1 HD and UTV HD are native. The additional changes in the file get the HD Bouquet Channel order correct. Of course this is not a bug, as it is simply a change in the default config to reflect the channel line up change

Would be grateful if you can find time to include in an upcoming release - I have to keep overwriting /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/skyie.xml.

As always - thanks for the great work.

Title
    Thanks
    BBC2 is now HD as well as a few others. So changes will be required for everyone.

Title
    Thanks
    i also use the northern ireland auto bouquet, is there any way that i can add TV3 (irish channel) in beside the rte channels and keep it there?

Title
    Thanks
    Going by Sky Website, Sottish HD regions have BBC 1 in HD by default.

Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast