Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New VideoMode

Title
    Thanks
    DSC_0042.JPGHi andyblac, I dont believe these are black bars in the stream. Its like m1nz said the picture doesnt scale. For me its a border of garbled video. I've attached a photo of tv screen.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi im using latest vix image on gigablue quad build 774..When i go to to change the 'display content 4:3 from pillarbox to just scale it crashes the box..It happened on a previous version too, i'm using my novum skin but have also tried it on the default skin and is still the same..Video outout is set to HDMI and mode is set to 720p although i have tried it on 1080 too
    Have attached the crash log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello All,

Can I put my two pennyworth in please?

I had issues flashing my uno. Looking at the info the unit was telling me that I was running the latest image and build but I don't believe that my unit had "fully" flashed.

I would advise using a USB flash as I had to, to fully flash the unit. This resolved all my A/V and resolution issues.

I apologise for stepping on the Admins toes here but hope this helps someone.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all,

Just performed a full flash using 773. I can confirm all is working fine now. During initial config I selected HDMI, 1080i resolution and 50Mhz refresh.

Sanjhere thanks for your suggestion. Rob thanks for your suggestion and apologies for not following your instruction, I thought an online update to a build of 760 or above would be the same as a flash of 773....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kco3d For This Useful Post:

Sanjhere (01-11-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kco3d View Post
    DSC_0042.JPGHi andyblac, I dont believe these are black bars in the stream. Its like m1nz said the picture doesnt scale. For me its a border of garbled video. I've attached a photo of tv screen.
    Turn off overscan on your tv

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kco3d View Post
    Hi all,

Just performed a full flash using 773. I can confirm all is working fine now. During initial config I selected HDMI, 1080i resolution and 50Mhz refresh.

Sanjhere thanks for your suggestion. Rob thanks for your suggestion and apologies for not following your instruction, I thought an online update to a build of 760 or above would be the same as a flash of 773....
    You are welcome Kco3d,

Andy, Judge, Phoenix and last but not least Rob helped me enormously yesterday.

Glad it worked for you.

Regards,
    Sanj

Title
    Thanks
    Further to my post 247142 I too am still having problems with 'border' around the screen. I am not sure whether to continue with my thread i started, or to carry on here? - I have reflashed the latest image from USB and set frequency to 50Hz and turned off AR, but still get the border when I turn off overscan on my Sony Bravia.

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNC View Post
    Further to my post 247142 I too am still having problems with 'border' around the screen. I am not sure whether to continue with my thread i started, or to carry on here? - I have reflashed the latest image from USB and set frequency to 50Hz and turned off AR, but still get the border when I turn off overscan on my Sony Bravia.

please take photo of your tv so i can better understand.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyblac View Post
    please take photo of your tv so i can better understand.
    photo.JPG

If it makes any difference, it is on a Sony KDL46HX803 TV

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    photo.JPG

If it makes any difference, it is on a Sony KDL46HX803 TV
    seems like a issues with gui position, what are your settings ? can i have debug go please, a fresh log, enable debug log, do a gui start go to that channel, post log. here.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    seems like a issues with gui position, what are your settings ? can i have debug go please, a fresh log, enable debug log, do a gui start go to that channel, post log. here.
    Sorry to be a pain, but could you point me in the direction on how to obtain the log you require? - i have searched the forums, but couldn't find anything

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry to be a pain, but could you point me in the direction on how to obtain the log you require? - i have searched the forums, but couldn't find anything
    sorry sure, goto

MENU --> SETUP --> SYSTEM --> LOGS --> SETTINGS, then enable Debug Log. and restart gui.

the log should be in /home/root/logs/ as default.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    sorry sure, goto

MENU --> SETUP --> SYSTEM --> LOGS --> SETTINGS, then enable Debug Log. and restart gui.

the log should be in /home/root/logs/ as default.

Here you go Enigma2-01-01-1970_01-00-19.log

Cheers

foz
    I used to be able to run a rf splitter from scart on receiver to rf splitter to rf around the house and hmdi out in to the lounge tv where receiver is located, worked for years on dm800 and with solo2 when I first had it. but it seems with any av settings today I am unable to do so anymore
    Is is due to recent av changes within the image? Anyway I can continue to do so?
    Thanks
    Foz
    Last edited by foz; 02-11-13 at 14:27.

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks

yes thought so.

Code:
    Setting OSD position: 18 685 15 548

please try 2 things

1: set your OSD position to 0 0 0 0

see if corruption goes.

2: put your OSD back to suit your TV
    set your VideoMode to 1080i instead of 1080p

see if corruption goes.

let me know your results.
    D I S C L A I M E R

17. The Following User Says Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

JonathanNC (02-11-13)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast