Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

How to use Backup & Image Manager on Duo/Solo/Uno/ET9000/ET5000 ViX

Why did yours fail? Seems bit suspect that yours failed to.
BCFC
I have my suspicions but no evidence and although I have a (long) history of being able to debug many software systems, but with no linux experience and little enthusiasm to learn :D, will leave to smarter guys. I will just take more care in future.
I would stick with one larger USB stick, I (due to my background) like to keep backups on separate media - but thats my problem:)
 
I have tried this tut again for image manager backup,this time i have a 8gb usb stick which is mounted in the front of my vu solo,and i have been using it for epg,picons. Thing is the creating backup has been stuck on 40/100 for over 5 mins,last time it did this the box completely crashed,what do i do now to stop it crashing again as the progress bar is not moving from 40/100,thanks olly
 
It's normal for it to hold on 40% for a while also the time to backup is greatly influenced by any plugins you may have installed.
 
I think it may have done it now,i see what you mean,i do have a line of detail now in image manager,just cannot seem to be able to ftp to the box now to save the image on a spare usb,when previously i could.Thanks pheonix
 
If you press "Menu" when in Image Manager you can select where you want to store the backup... change it to usb, make a new backup and this time it will be on your usb stick
 
Hi, im having a backup problem. In image manager the restore button is replaced by downloads.
I can back up but can't restore.
 
your no longer able to be able to restore the image from the image manager, you copy the backup made to a USB stick and flash it as you would a regular image.
 
How to make a image backup using ViX 3.0

new Tutorial added in .pdf format.
 
Which select the files/folders in order to make softcams,plugins,etc.settings backup to them as possible to restore in fresh flash image?
Maybe this is simple,but not for me. :confused: Thanks.
 
Which select the files/folders in order to make softcams,plugins,etc.settings backup to them as possible to restore in fresh flash image?
Maybe this is simple,but not for me. :confused: Thanks.
By default all those files and plugins have been selected (anyway for CCcam, not sure about other cams).
You only have to add any special files you might have.
 
Hello Rob,

My usb flash contain file like root_cfe_auto.jffs2.with build 600 image and configuration with OSCam,CCcam and MGcamd
(more that 80 Mb.) I understand that nothing will come without FTP do?
 
> 80Mb? Then it is an image backup: a complete backup of the whole image.
For use in a fresh flashed image you need the settings backup (via backup manager).
 
Hi

The channel list is included in the Backup Manager option?... and the tuner settings are included?

Can I use this settings backup in a image from another team?
 
Hi

The channel list is included in the Backup Manager option?... and the tuner settings are included?

yes a settings backup also includes the channel list or bouquet

Can I use this settings backup in a image from another team?

No you cant use backups made from one image on one from another team without causing some kind of unforeseen problem.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top