Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

iplayer On Demand Problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter garyblas
  • Start date Start date
BBC Iplayer fix

extract the rar file,then delete your existing bbciplayer.py file and replace your existing bbciplayer.pyo file with the one attached.

restart enigma2.

job done.

credit to digidude who beat us all to it and fixed it using firebug.

also thanks to ian who compile it into a pyo

Digidude saves the day again!!! :eek::rolleyes: lol

(btw, be wary of using this, as the pyo file might not be suitable for all boxes...)
 
There was a py file posted on the other forum by genious but i didn't posted it here earlier as i was unsure whether it would be compatible

Here it is and credits also to genious

Thanks gonna gedit it and see exactly what it was, as i was just trying a few urls that i found myself to no avail.

well done digi lol

EDIT: I also found that releases url but i was inputting it in the wrong place.

Here is the bbciplayer.py that will work with the ondemand one from page 9 of this thread on the other forum of course.
so delete the bbciplayer.pyo off the ftp and copy this over and reboot.

thanks digi again for finding the fix (i was putting the url in wrong place pmsl)

I think it's good to share regards compass
 

Attachments

Last edited:
not working on vu duo and vu solo both on Build 678 all the other players work just BBC i player wont play
 
Sorry if this should be obvious to me, but could someone please tell me:

1. which of the two posted files that I should try on my Vu+ Ultimo (currently running v. 3.0.679 with the same black screen problem when trying to play a show on BBC iPlayer -- other services still working)? It seems that with the first I should delete the existing .py file and replace the existing .pyo file with the .pyo posted in the .rar file, whereas the second file posted is a .py file which it says should be used to replace the existing .py file and that in this case the existing .pyo file should be deleted before a restart.

2. where do I find the .pyo/.py file to replace/delete as necessary and how I go about that by using FTP?

Thanks very much!
 
Sorry if this should be obvious to me, but could someone please tell me:

1. which of the two posted files that I should try on my Vu+ Ultimo (currently running v. 3.0.679 with the same black screen problem when trying to play a show on BBC iPlayer -- other services still working)? It seems that with the first I should delete the existing .py file and replace the existing .pyo file with the .pyo posted in the .rar file, whereas the second file posted is a .py file which it says should be used to replace the existing .py file and that in this case the existing .pyo file should be deleted before a restart.

2. where do I find the .pyo/.py file to replace/delete as necessary and how I go about that by using FTP?

Thanks very much!

On my Vu Duo the file was found at the following address :

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OnDemand

I removed the bbciplayer.pyo and replaced it with the py file in the rar
 
Can confirm that this is working on Tm-2t....damn that means Eastenders will be on later:(
 
Please remember guys, that one you have restarted your box to recreate the pyo file, it is best to delete the py file from that location, otherwise, when updates are released, that might contain changes to that file, you will lose those updates and could cause problems...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
I overwrote the .pyo with that contained in the .rar file attached to post 40 and it works perfectly again. Thanks for all of your help!
 
I had the same problem on the latest build on tm twin oe. I had to download a fix from another forum to get it to work again
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top