Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Upgrading TM-2T Image from 4d

  • Thread starter Thread starter ab25657
  • Start date Start date
A

ab25657

Guest
Guys,

New to the forum. Have been on other forums but this is the only one that I have found a dedicated talk section for my receiver. I am having major problems :(

Bought the TM-2T a few days ago, and am finding it very good and easy to use. Have even been able to get the mrs using it properly :D, only for one thing.... IT DOES NOT RECORD EVERYTIME!! Finding this, I have been advised by a few friends to come onto the Vix image. But try as I might, I cannot figure out how to change images!

I have followed the sticky in the thred, but it always opens the 4d image up and never lets me try and run the update. I have also went as drastic as to restore to factory settings, but still it comes up!

Does anyone have any advice for me please. I am losing the will. A bit more information on the reocording, is that when I use the EPG, and select something to record overnight, with the HDD not going on standby at any time, the recording is just blank. It schedules ok, and seems to record the full amount of data, but when I try and play it through media, it just comes up blank and doesnt want to play ball

Any help will be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks in advance!

Adam
 
Make sure you have no other USB devices connected to the box.

Put the update folder onto the root of the USB and stick it in and power down and off / on from the rocker switch and follow VFD when asked to press OK.
 
Thank you for your post ab25657, it adds clarity to another matter. I am afraid that you may get the recording issue with the Vix image too.

With regards to you following the sticky, can you confirm that you have done step 2? Most people are reluctant to format their USB sticks. Deleting the "update" folder will be the best option if this applies to you.
 
Have tried doing all in the sticky, but unfortunately it doesnt even bring up the selection for to press ok... Have been trying to update with my portable HDD, of which cannot go to FAT32 as it is more than 4gb. Will get a portable flash drive and try again tomorrow.

When you say that I will get recording issue with the Vix image too, does that mean that there are known issues with recording on this box? Upon looking on threads, many people have said that they dont have any problems with recording at all. Sometimes it records with no problems, others it just goes blank. It is very frustrating.

I was going to go for the Vuo+ Duo, but chose the TM-2T cause of the price and reviews. But having these recording issues I just dont know what to do...
 
OK - so I went through some stuff, got a USB 8GB pen drive and was just about to upgrade to the Vix image when my daughter managed to pull the portable hdd out of the front USB port. Soooo, I plugged it into the back USB and started to record. Many minutes and setting changes later, I have managed to record 3 things since... Granted not full programs, as I was testing, but still it is promising.

Something that I have seen that is different from earlier, is that before the portable HDD was setup as media/usb, now it is setup as media/sdb1...

Looks promising. Will check overnight, and will update on the other recording threads on my findings :thumbsup:
 
The recording issues are only timer related by the looks of things.
 
Last edited:
Yes I think so. Also, instead of pressing the record button, I have been pressing timer, and then changing the following:-

After event = do nothing
Record type = normal

Recording something at the moment so fingers crossed.

The box has sh*t itself once or twice today, and I have had to go and manually change the hdd recording settings to find the USB for some reason. At the moment, it is set against /mnt/usb
 
Had a successful recording last night...

The issue with blank recordings on ALL images not just ViX has now been passed onto the technomate devs directly, I'm still firmly convinced that this is a driver issue so hopefully they can now come up with a suitably quick fix.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 
Fantastic - thanks Phoenix. I have managed to record a good few things lately. Not completely fault free mind you, but again promising. Anyone any idea on where to get the most up to date drivers and 4d image?
 
Using the latest 4D image, you will have the latest drivers...
Same if using ViX.
 
Using the latest 4D image, you will have the latest drivers...
Same if using ViX.
I have to disagree. The latest 4D image is 08/02/2013. Latest public drivers are 20/02/13.

The recording issue is present on both sets of drivers.
 
The recording issue is present on both sets of drivers.

yes thats correct, and we have told TM this directly, although for me at least this problem never materialized on the ViX image until after loading the 20.02.13 drivers to the receiver.
 
I have to disagree. The latest 4D image is 08/02/2013. Latest public drivers are 20/02/13.

The recording issue is present on both sets of drivers.

ah, sorry, should have said the latest 4D image would include latest drivers for that image, presume it does or has there been a driver release for 4D since their latest image? not sure here as I don't use it regularly.
TM had to issue us new drivers because the ones for 4D don't work with ViX.
 
reason being, 4D drivers are created for a different OE version, so we had to request new drivers.
Looks like both have the same recording issue though but as it's so random, it's still hard to track down...
 
TM had to issue us new drivers because the ones for 4D don't work with ViX.

and thats half of the problem if you ask me. too many kernel versions that no one knows whats going on, not to mention that 4d is or was OE 1.6 based the last time i looked.
 
Just made an excel file to compile addresses for downloading drivers to save me manually editing the address.

There are no updated drivers for kernel 3.1.1, not even on 20/02/2013. No wonder they did not issue an updated image.
 
and thats half of the problem if you ask me. too many kernel versions that no one knows whats going on, not to mention that 4d is or was OE 1.6 based the last time i looked.
exactly... TM testing drivers on different kernel & OE versions is all ways going to be a bit of a pain.
But, it's also their choice on which kernel/OE version to get drivers working properly first.

In this case, it's a pity that ViX gets a bad rep for the same issues.
Saying that, I wanted the latest drivers pushed to ViX public release as media playback of various file formats is a hundred times better & hadn't noticed any recording issues at the time.
The randomness of recording issues doesn't help.

Just made an excel file to compile addresses for downloading drivers to save me manually editing the address.

There are no updated drivers for kernel 3.1.1, not even on 20/02/2013. No wonder they did not issue an updated image.

TM are fully aware of the issues & have folks working on them, just a matter of time, hopefully...
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top