Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please note that nicknames are prohibited lewd or meaningless (no numbers or letters at random) and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet our community.

Thread: Setting IP

Forum Supporter
    Donated Member

Thanks

Setting IP

How do I set a static IP I can`t get rid of all the zeroes and the box will not connect works OK with DHCP .

V.I.P

Thanks
    Do you know what IP you want to set?

You dont need to worry about the 0's, just overwrite them.

i.e. 192.168.2.20
    Subnet mast: 255.255.255.0
    Gatewat 192.168.2.1

When you get to the network options, just select not to use DHCP.... you should only really need to populate the IP.

Leave the rest as it is.
    Setup: Vu+ Duo, Orbital 90cm Dish, Technomate TM2600 Motor, Inverto twin LNB

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Forum Supporter
    Donated Member

Thanks
    When I attempt to overwrite the ip the zeroes remain eg. 192.168.002.005 instead of 192.168.1.5 and I can`t connect.

V.I.P

Thanks
    dont worry about that. will still work.

Once setup....have you tried doing a test using the test element?

See if you get any errors?

Does the box come up? If it does, are you able to ping the IP from another device?
    Setup: Vu+ Duo, Orbital 90cm Dish, Technomate TM2600 Motor, Inverto twin LNB

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Thanks
    Thanked 18,758 Times in 4,950 Posts
    Use a different IP address to what DHCP is setting the unit to.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE

GI-XPEED LX3, Miraclebox Premium Twin Combo HD, Miraclebox MINI HD Combo, TM-Nano 2 Super
    Ferguson Ariva HD 102 Mini, 103 + 203
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Thanks
    have you tried 192.168.001.005
    Vuo Duo Tm 800hd dm 7020s dm 600 cas interface and lots of cards

Forum Supporter
    Donated Member

Thanks
    Yes tried that and other configurations the only way I can connect is by DHCP I have now changed my router to use a static IP through DHCP

Thanks
    strange as that worked for me fine 192.168.001.005
    Vuo Duo Tm 800hd dm 7020s dm 600 cas interface and lots of cards

Thanks
    .001 .002 etc is the same as .1 .2 etc.

If it still isnt working when doing this then something else is your problem.

Regards,