Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Is it worth it

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Is it worth it

I have VIX image 2.1 loaded...Is it worth my while updating to 2.2 image

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    that depends on what you value as worth it.

personally i say yes as VIX 2.2 has numerous new additions created by andy such as the log manager which allows you to submit crash logs directly to him for analysis, plus many many fixes and improvements behind the scenes.

saying that if your image works for you and your happy with it stay with it. but if you make a image backup and find that VIX 2.2 is not for you, you can always flash this backup and restore the box to the exact state it was in when the backup was made.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Well you could just do a complete backup of ur current image via image manager and then give 2.2 a try and if u chose to go back then restore that backup image u made.
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks lads just did a back up and will give 2.2 a go.