Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Retrieve files from an hard drive

Title
    Thanks

Retrieve files from an hard drive

Morning all,
    i have a 250gb sata hd i might aswell use in the duo as my current is 160gb.
    The drive is from my faulty media centre of which i have now bought another media centre but kept the drive as it has important files inside i want.
    I want obviously to get the files from it but i have not got a clue how too.
    I have an external sata hd case which i am connecting this drive to my laptop but it is not showing.
    My laptop i win7 and also the os on the spare hd is win7
    Any help is much appreciated
    Thank you

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    It might well be that the hdd was the reason the media center died?! If you right click my computer and choose manage, can u see the drive appear under the hdd section? If not, either you haven't connected it to the enclosure correctly, or ur drive is dead...

Sent with Tapatalk
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    I checked this and it shows but says no media unlke the drive in my lappy it shows size etc.
    Problem was media centre just died, power remained and display and fan on, was watching a film and just went on me.
    So am i best putting in drive back in media centre and try and install windows to see if this drive responds, i do have a spare drive i cna use, will get other things done like cleaning house before wife starts on me lol and get onto this.
    Also i removed the pin on the spikes, sorry the ones that make it master or slave etc on the hard drive, but i can not see which pin it goes back on as no diagram

Title
    Thanks
    will get other things done like cleaning house before wife starts on me

^^^^^^^^^We can see who wears pants in this relationship

Title
    Thanks
    I know how you feel now

Realised the hd in v+ are only ide, not a biggy, as i already have replacement media centre, so will remove the part and get them sold, sell the barebones chassis also as it would be too much messing about as i remember originally i tested all sorts and got nowhere different.
    Last edited by Foxylady; 26-06-11 at 13:18.