Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: new setup adivce

Title
    Thanks

new setup adivce

ive got a 80 cm solid dish bought couple of yours ago ,but didnt had the chance ,
    now got a vu+duo
    the dish is 80 cm ,do i need a bigger dish ? what size ,,want to watch English Arabic channels i opened the box and it has a philips SX1019 universal single lnb .
    3112 298 02031
    1 1402834 KR07 Made in Germany
    i have the following questions
    1 will this dish size be ok to watch satellite in uk ,have got one dish fixed at 28.2 e a sky one

2 will this lnb be any good to let me watch the satallite or do i need a diff lnb ,,if no then which one

3which motor do i need i was thinking of buying a tm2600 sold by our sponsor ,is this ok or any good motor ,,can i use a used motor ,which one ,,any disadvantages to use a used one

i want to do a DIY job ,,what other things would i need ,,
    there was an old dish on the wall ,,which still has got holes in ,just need to get a clamp and fix this one ,,
    5 any good site to tell you what satellite you can get in uk ,,and how
    6 any video or tutorials how to set up a motorized dish with vu+duo
    i will search this forum as well
    thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by boxer29; 19-06-11 at 21:19.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    1, Should be big enough for most sats but depends on your location, the further south you are the smaller the dish you can make do with.
    2. No idea but for the arabic one have read you need a KU band LNB - couldn't tell youwhat that is.
    3. TM2600 is OK, but again read best to go with one with metal gears for obviouse reasons
    5. Dishpointer will show you what sats you can get at your location and directions.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    I live around batley west yorkshire

Title
    Thanks
    in terms of motor you cant go far wrong with the tm2600. i have had one for couple of years and works perfect and quite easy setup.

like stanman referred you can go to
    Code:
    www.dishpointer.com
    to view which satellites you can recieve by simply entering in your address in the page provided . then go to
    Code:
    http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/europe.html
    to see a list of packages available on each sat and can decide which to go with.
    also there are quite a few arabic channels on 13 east iirc and it is would definitely be picked up on an 80cm from uk.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    irishchris, can you advise on how it is possible to get the 'long-ok' version of pressing buttons on remote control where channel +/- showed different bouquets. Loved the option in vix 2.1 and previous. Is it forever gone?

Title
    Thanks
    press the up or the down button , around the ok button ,then the channel up and down button

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boxer29 View Post
    ive got a 80 cm solid dish bought couple of yours ago ,but didnt had the chance ,
    now got a vu+duo
    the dish is 80 cm ,do i need a bigger dish ? what size ,,want to watch English Arabic channels i opened the box and it has a philips SX1019 universal single lnb .
    3112 298 02031
    1 1402834 KR07 Made in Germany
    i have the following questions
    1 will this dish size be ok to watch satellite in uk ,have got one dish fixed at 28.2 e a sky one

2 will this lnb be any good to let me watch the satallite or do i need a diff lnb ,,if no then which one

3which motor do i need i was thinking of buying a tm2600 sold by our sponsor ,is this ok or any good motor ,,can i use a used motor ,which one ,,any disadvantages to use a used one

i want to do a DIY job ,,what other things would i need ,,
    there was an old dish on the wall ,,which still has got holes in ,just need to get a clamp and fix this one ,,
    5 any good site to tell you what satellite you can get in uk ,,and how
    6 any video or tutorials how to set up a motorized dish with vu+duo
    i will search this forum as well
    thanks
    Hi boxer29,the Arabic provider they are on 2 satellites ,Atlantic Bird 4A / Nilesat 101 / Nilesat 102 / Nilesat 201 (7°W) & Badr 4 / Badr 5 / Badr 6 (26°E) ,this satellites to watch then and you living in u.k you dish must be 1.2 m or up ,
    the lnb is not good for your dish ,this lnb have been design for sky dishes most ,you need a dark gold 0,1 db or mti blu ets,
    the motor must bee for dish size up to 1,2 meter and the dish is best to got aluminium dish ,
    the brackets must bee T& K brackets and scaffolding poll
    to fix the motorise system is not easy ,you must need the sat meter,
    I can put here a video how you can fix the motorise dish but is not easy mate,
    with this motorise system you can watch all the satellites for 42 east to 30 west

if you are living in Bristol I can help you pm me and we sort out the problem

here is the video how to install ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k_yhxmGlEA

regards Nick