Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Few simple questions about solo

Title
    Thanks

Few simple questions about solo

Hi all,
    Ive just got a vu+ solo but im a complete newbie and i need help with a few things. Ive flashed the box with blackhole 1.6 and installed ccam which is all working fine. But im stuck now with these questions:
    1) How do i mount a share on my NAS use as my hdd to use PVR functions.
    2) The EPG is terrible! it only shows a now and next (and doesnt even show this unless you have already watched that channel! Could someone explain how to use a better EPG with a 7 day listing?
    3) What is swap space and do i need it?
    Cheers guys and sorry for all the questions!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    1) go into menu/setup/system/network/network browser. find your NAS and mount is and select use as HDD replacement
    2) what image are you using as I am on vix 2.2 for my solo and the epg is fantastic using CrossEPG and OpenTV as the provider.
    3) Swap space is extra memory. If you use a lot of plugins or have a lof of epg providers then you might want to enable Swap File. if not then you dont need it
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Thanks
    Cheers for the quick reply.

Just mounted the HDD, thats great. Im on blackhole 1.6. I wanted to use VIX but when i installed the latest version it just repeated crashed and i got a green screen all the time. Black hole has been 100% stable so far. I can see a cross epg downloader on blackhole but it wont let me select it. It says must be configured before downloading. Any ideas? Just the EPG to get sorted out now and im finally all set!

Edit: Ive got a spare usb pen 512mb, so should i put this in the back and leave it there as swap space? Can this be done?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    im not sure about blackhole as i havent used it in ages and i use vix. but i guess you will have to configure crossepg first through the settings and then try downloading it. and yeh you can create a usb swap file but will need to make sure the usb is also mounted correctly
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    Ive got it all sorted, but i dont like it! The EPG that comes with vix looks alot better. Ive decided im going to re-flash with the vix image. When i had vix on last time i had all sorts of problems though, the main being that when i used DBE and ftp'd the channel list they wouldnt appear. Yet they worked fine on blackhole. Do you have any idea why this is ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Loads of guys here use dreambox edit to transfer channel lists over and works perfect. Jus make sure you chose enigma 2 in the settings and it should work no problem at all. Give it a try n let us knw hw u get on
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    i use DBE with VIX 2.2 and the Vu+Uno and it works fine. but make sure you select reload settings on dreambox once the bouquet has been transferred to the box, or restart box manually.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    You also now have integrated webbouqueteditor in the image so can edit your bouquets in your browser as well.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

bassethound (12-06-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Just flashed to 2.2. DBE has updated my channel list just fine and ive got ccam up and running so i thought everything was looking good. However every time i try to mount my nas i get the green crash screen. When it reboots and i go back into network, half the options are missing. I dont have any browser or mount options. Any ideas guys?

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Its a known issue and Andy was working on a fix, check to see if any uodates are online.
    Also delete AUTOMOUNT.xml if it has been created before rebooting

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

bassethound (12-06-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Hmm i guess i can live without a PVR for a while. You mention an online update, i cant find the option for this, could you explain how to check please?

Everything else is working great now, and i much prefer the vix image to blackhole. Just a shame i cant use the PVR because i cant mount the NAS, but hopefully this will be sorted soon.
    Last edited by Allanf; 12-06-11 at 21:19.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Go to menu/setup/software mamagement/software update then try the network mount again. Also you nee to mount the usb via the device manager which is at menu/setup/vix/device manager and mount the usb to media/usb
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    The software update fixed it, everything is working now just as i want it. Cheers for all your input guys

Ive just got one last question, and this is probably the most stupid of all, but i cant find it - what button brings up the list of recordings you have made on your HDD in order to play back frpm the PVR?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The buttomg next to the menu button with the R in it
    D I S C L A I M E R

17. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

Allanf (14-06-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanf View Post
    Ive just got one last question, and this is probably the most stupid of all, but i cant find it - what button brings up the list of recordings you have made on your HDD in order to play back frpm the PVR?
    you can press the help button to show you what all the buttons do but here is a pic to show which button to press to play all your recordings
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Allanf (14-06-11),pooface (13-06-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast