Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Which reciever?

Title
    Thanks

Which reciever?

I am looking for a hi-def linux reciever but i want to record programmes and series links, 7 day forecast like S-Y+ any idea or suggestions for which reciever is best for these catogries. I want to record and watch but not on the same transponder!
    Dream Box 500HD/ Technomate 800HD
    Technomate 500Super/Technomate 600
    DreamBox 500s/Technomate 5402/Blade Media 700s
    Technomate 0.1dB twin output universal
    Technomate 0.1dB single

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    whats ur budget?
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    SOLO, ET5000, ET9000, DUO and VIX image does all you want. First two are single tuners and last two twins.

Dont forget to check out sponsor when you come to buy.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    No budget but at least under 350 but I do want the specifications that i noted I want to be able to have a good image support like the dream box vu+
    I don't know about et 9000 and can I watch linux receiver on my iPad 2 at my work are there any apps or Guide throughs
    Thanks for the help!
    Dream Box 500HD/ Technomate 800HD
    Technomate 500Super/Technomate 600
    DreamBox 500s/Technomate 5402/Blade Media 700s
    Technomate 0.1dB twin output universal
    Technomate 0.1dB single

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    et9000 and vu+ duo are very very similar boxes. Only differences really between them are hardware specs, remote control, design and tuners. From hardware specs, not really much in it. et9000 has slightly better processor and more flash space, but not really much you'll notice. So, it comes down to which remote you prefer (imo duo is better built, but et9000 has better layout), look of box (slightly prefer the et9000, but none fit in with the rest of my av kit as I have silver ), and then the et9000 has hardware built in blindscan (which we don't believe the duo has, as it looks to only be software blindscan, which still isn't fully developed)...

As for watching on your computer at work, it all depends on your upload speed from home... What you'll likely have to do, is get a slingbox, or transcode it on your pc for streaming to the web...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sahiljamil View Post
    No budget but at least under 350 but I do want the specifications that i noted I want to be able to have a good image support like the dream box vu+
    I don't know about et 9000 and can I watch linux receiver on my iPad 2 at my work are there any apps or Guide throughs
    Thanks for the help!
    In that case either the DOU or ET9000 will suffice/ VIX image has integrated autotomer which is as close to series link as you will get on a third party receiver and crossEPG with OPENTV will give oyu 7 day EPG as well as VIX EPG which is a multi channel graphical EPG.
    There are apps to allow you to control the box via android phone within the house as well as view on PC and IPAD - never tried it outside the house but believe it can be done but not HD - thats solely due to bandwidth.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 473 Posts
    You wont go wrong with any of the receiver's mentioned above. We're currently running a special deal to forum members on the Duo http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...4728#post64728

Even though our online shop has a notice saying closed from the 10/06/11 for summer break, we're still shipping orders today provided you place an order before 1pm.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Title
    Thanks
    have both (duo and et9000), not much between them to be honest.