Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should ch 4 HD be encrypted?

Ojustaboo
    Probably a stupid question, how do I update entitlements?

thanks

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    Have a read here to setup your CCcam.cfg http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...llite-receiver

I'm not 100% sure, but if you setup the CCcam.cfg I think you should still get C4HD without updating anything, as I think (again not 100% sure) the card will work as a freesat card once a sub is cancelled.

Let us know how you get on.

Maybe try the card in the official receiver to see if you can clear C4HD.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Ojustaboo
    Just tried the card in the official receiver and get basic channels like BBC1 etc, but if I go on to any Sly channel (including Ch4 HD), it says

"This is the wrong viewing card for this set top box. Insert the correct Sly viewing card. Call xxxxxxxx for assistance"

It is the correct card, only thing I can think of is that there's no hard drive in the box and this might be confusing it?

Have got my serial number off the box, so can convert that to hex and try the VUduo. Did I read somewhere about having to use an older version of CCcam or am I imagining it?

Thanks

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    CCcam 2.1.4 should be fine.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Ojustaboo
    Just googled and apparently if the box hasn't been used for a while, it can take a few hours for the cards entitlements to be updated, which is what's causing the wrong card message.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojustaboo View Post
    Just googled and apparently if the box hasn't been used for a while, it can take a few hours for the cards entitlements to be updated, which is what's causing the wrong card message.
    I would update it in official receiver first then. Once updated use it in the Duo. If you setup your BK correctly the entitlements should update.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    You do not need the boxkey. Just install CCAM and put the card in the right slot and it will clear C4HD once entitlements has updated. The boxkey is only needed for premium channels

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

Ojustaboo
    Been 3 days now, card still not updated. Phoned Sky up Saturday and they resent signal. Odd.

Have both feeds connected just in case and of course have left dish pointing at right satellite.

Only thing not right with the box is the hard drive died, hence I removed it. Could it be what's stopping the card udating? If so, wonder if I'll get away with using an old 100GB laptop sata drive temporarly in there.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Google 'replace sky+ HDD' and you'll find quite a few guides to replace the HDD
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Ojustaboo
    Put in hard drive 2 days ago. Contacted Sky, they resent the signal again.

It's now been a total of 5 days since I first turned the box on. Card still says it's in the wrong box.

If I put it in my VUduo and use CCam info

Card Reader /dev/sci0
    Handled 0 (0) ecms and 0 (0) emms
    NDS card 29ecXXX (I put XXX instead of the actual number just in case it's an individual serial pointing to my card, as I don't want to publicly reveal that)

Entitlement info
    b765 30-07-2010
    b766 30-07-2010
    b722 30-07-2010
    b773 30-07-2010

That looks to me like the card has been updated in some way? Cant imagine a box that hasn't been used for around 9 months has entitlements that expire July this year? Very odd.

Ojustaboo
    Hmm, am being told conflicting advice.

Last year I was using my SkyHD box with various packages.

I cancelled everything around August/sept last year.

I now want to use my Sky HD box just to receive CH4 HD as it's not available on my Freesat PVR.

Numerous people including people at Sky told me that as I had a white card, all they needed to do was re-activate it and it would work fine, I didn't need to spend money on a Freesat card.

After them sending the signal twice in a week and it still not coming on, I phoned them again. Today I was told the card was cancelled last year and they can not reactivate it as it would mean opening up my account again, if I want Freesat I need to buy a new card?????

Ojustaboo
    Looks like I need to spend £20 to get Ch 4 HD

I've run out of other options now. Email their complaints dept politely saying that initially Sky told me could use my old white card. Have just received this response.

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.

In order to view freesat channels you must purchase a card at a cost of 20.00(GBP). Although the card is a white card, it has the information on it that provides the freesat channels. The card you already have was a sky subscription card and has no channels as it was cancelled. it can only be reactivated if you reinstate your actual sky subscription. It cannot therefore be turned into a freesat card.

If you would like a card you can call 08442411602 or log onto Replacement Freesat Card where you can purchase one online.

I hope this helps with your enquiry.

Thanks
    xxxxxx
    As it's only £20, I might go for it, you guys are 100% sure it will work in my VUduo box though aren't you? Wifes already waving a rolling pin around after me buying the duo box then a hard drive. Wont take much more money for her to snap

Ojustaboo
    I've been reading through Slys Freesat site. Not very impressed with the following in their T&C

For security reasons Viewing Cards may be inactivated from time to time. In this situation, if you wish to continue to receive all the encrypted Free to View channels, you will have to purchase a new viewing card at our then applicable standard charge. If possible, viewing card inactivations will be advertised on your television screen.
    That's like me telling someone, hey buy this book, but whenever I feel like it, I can come and tear it up and if you want to continue reading it, I'll sell you another one.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    I would complain, if its a white card it should still work even if your account was cancelled, only people on the old blue card and no contract has to pay the £20. Having said that as your not a customer and its going to cost them, you might not get a result.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

Ojustaboo
    I did complain, the above email was their reply.

While I realise they are a company hence need to make money, the £20 is to cover the cost of the card, and as you say, I already have one.

The fact that their site says a freesat card can be upgraded to a premium card with one phone call, shows this to be the case.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast